Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to thank everyone over the past 7 years for helping me out on my 2010 RT Classic 6 speed. Your answers to my questions were so helpful. Also a special shout out to 19John53 for all the help. As he had his own 2010 RT Classic before it was flood damage.
John thanks for all your help on the mod discussions. It was hard to part with that Challenger. It was a well balanced beautiful car. If the Corvette behaves as well I will be lucky. Challenger, the best looking muscle car period!!!
Mike

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Adios! See ya on the other side.

Reactions: mikesrtclassic

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Damn i did the opposite i sold my 2014 corvette and bought a hellcat

I understand why. I could never climb in and out of that thing on a semi regular basis. Too low for my 60 year old back and joints. Perhaps if I were much younger. Never know! Good luck with the Cat!

Reactions: MrMac

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Good luck Mike! Enjoy that new ride of yours. Even though I love the way the new Corvettes look, I'm just not the "Corvette" type. All I see are old men and women driving them, and I'm not at that stage yet. Hell, I probably never will be. My older brother has one, and he's such an A-Whole about his "Vette" that he's ruined the car for me. LOL! Enjoy!

Reactions: MrMac

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Hey Mike, best to ya, and hope that you enjoy the new ride.

Always a pleasure chatting with you on things, and I'll miss that.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
Good luck Mike! Enjoy that new ride of yours. Even though I love the way the new Corvettes look, I'm just not the "Corvette" type. All I see are old men and women driving them, and I'm not at that stage yet. Hell, I probably never will be. My older brother has one, and he's such an A-Whole about his "Vette" that he's ruined the car for me. LOL! Enjoy!
I feel exactly the same as you. The funny part is that I'm 74 but I still don't think or act like an old man. I've never been a fan of the Vette, but always liked to look at them. Until recently, I had never driven a Vette but two times in my life. A couple of weeks ago, a neighbor friend of mine bought one and brought it by my house before he took it home. I drove it about two miles around the area and was done. I think the latest models are absolutely beautiful and are real head-turners. But getting in and out of that thing is something I'd never want to deal with. The two-seat, cramped, claustrophobic interior isn't my kind of thing.

I love my Scat Pack more than any car I've ever owned and it has everything I could care for in a car.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Enjoy the Vette....I enjoyed all five I had....still yearn for a Z every now and again..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy. Post some pics when you get it. You'll have to call John if you need to bring any luggage ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations, enjoy. Post some pics when you get it. You'll have to call John if you need to bring any luggage ;)

A Guy
You would be surprised how much room is under that hatch. Drove it from New Hampshire to Utah. 2 pieces of hard carry-on, Large soccer duffel bag full of cloths, laptop, Car cover bag full with the car cover, wife's toiletry bag, Her gift bags, munchy bag. But we did have to fit it like a puzzle. If you pm me I can send you a picture. I do not want to piss off all the great Challenger people and pollute your website with my Corvette. Mike

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Promise, I won't become a A-Whole about the Vette. Really two different cars. I have absolutely no complaints about the Challenger. It is a great looking car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I feel exactly the same as you. The funny part is that I'm 74 but I still don't think or act like an old man. I've never been a fan of the Vette, but always liked to look at them. Until recently, I had never driven a Vette but two times in my life. A couple of weeks ago, a neighbor friend of mine bought one and brought it by my house before he took it home. I drove it about two miles around the area and was done. I think the latest models are absolutely beautiful and are real head-turners. But getting in and out of that thing is something I'd never want to deal with. The two-seat, cramped, claustrophobic interior isn't my kind of thing.

I love my Scat Pack more than any car I've ever owned and it has everything I could care for in a car.
There is a trick to get in and out. Just turn 90 deg, find a brace point for you hands and push up. Lot easier than I thought it was as I worried about that because of a bad back. No issue at all. Also surprisingly very comfortable. I drove it 3000 miles in 8 days to get it home. But of course nothing beats those Challenger seats!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Enjoy the Vette....I enjoyed all five I had....still yearn for a Z every now and again..
Nice rides! I had a 65,69, 69 GTO's, 70 Challenger, 70 Corvette L-82 4-speed, 85 Corvette, Datsun Z 72,77,77,83, 2010 Challenger, 2017 Corvette.
Once married slow down acquiring cars. Bet folks can relate to that.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I say post a pic of your new ride. We're all car enthusiasts at heart. Plus, you're not trying to rub it in our faces so I would think (and hope) everyone would be kind. Enjoy your car!

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
882 Posts
There is a trick to get in and out. Just turn 90 deg, find a brace point for you hands and push up. Lot easier than I thought it was as I worried about that because of a bad back. No issue at all. Also surprisingly very comfortable. I drove it 3000 miles in 8 days to get it home. But of course nothing beats those Challenger seats!
It's interesting what you're saying about comfort. My short test drive made me think it would only be fun for short drives. Your experience debunks that!

Whether I would want to own one or not, I do think they're beautiful.
I join the others who asked you to post pics.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts