Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Employment changes moving me and family to Atlanta area.

Will be relocating in June and moving into home in Powder Springs.

Any active groups in the area? How about road racers?

Eric

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are some of the best road racing courses within a short driving distance of Georgia. Obviously Road Atlanta, which is one of the world's best road courses and is a great track for a Challenger. Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah is a great track for a Challenger. Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham is another great one. A little less well-known would be Carolina Motorsports Park, which is a twisty track but would be fairly local to northern Georgia. Virginia International Raceway is a fabulous road racing course and easily accessible from northern Georgia. If you will be in southern Georgia, then the Florida tracks are a great choice. Look the tracks up on the internet and search for track days such as BMW Club, Porsche Club, NASA, open track days. It has been my experience that the various Clubs welcome different manufacturers. Lots of great oval courses in that part of the country also if that's something you prefer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Powder Springs is not far from me, good schools, major hospital and very close to Atlanta activities...Peach state Challengers is forming as far as clubs go and there is a thread going in regional section.

·
Premium Member
1,555 Posts
car meets

Your going to love the Caffeine & Octane meets the 1st Sunday of every month. Lots of cars and a great place to make new friends. :bigthumb:

Good Luck on your move. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
If ever in the Savannah area, be sure to announce, lots of Challengers located here and always looking to meet new friends and forum members.

RT2011

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcomes and advice.

Yes I like twisties in both directions, so will look up those venues.

Definitely "caffeine and octane" as I have been spoiled with the Dallas' "cars & coffee."

Will reach out when I'm in town and hope thereis nicer weather when I arrive.

Eric

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If ever in the Savannah area, be sure to announce, lots of Challengers located here and always looking to meet new friends and forum members.

RT2011
I may be transferring from Army Guard to Air Guard. If that happens then I will be down in Savannah at least once a month and two weeks a year. I'll make sure to post something up if that happens.

To the OP. North Georgia, Tennessee, and N.Carolina have some great roads. I've never had the chance to go up there but all my motorcycle buddies head that way when the weather warms up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts