Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well lets see where do I start, I guess from the beginning. well I'm moving to Laramie, WY for school @ WyoTech so I need some help what all do I need to do to winterize my car, So far I got a Engine Block Heater and I guess I'll need to change the radiator fluid since it's a 50/50 mix "we're from northern California" so what else do I need to do any help would be great thanks:thanks::icon_rolleyes:

Reactions: pdx.challenger

·
Registered
555 Posts
50/50 antifreeze gives maximum freeze protection.
Winter wiper blades are highly recommended.
The 5w 20 oil that is specified for your Challenger is good. A 0w is better, as is synthetic.
Wax or silicone on the lower portion of the windows prevents ice from keeping the window from dropping.
Dedicated winter tires are much better than any all season tire. The Blizzak with "tube multi cell technology" are the best on ice.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50/50 antifreeze gives maximum freeze protection.
Winter wiper blades are highly recommended.
The 5w 20 oil that is specified for your Challenger is good. A 0w is better, as is synthetic.
Wax or silicone on the lower portion of the windows prevents ice from keeping the window from dropping.
Dedicated winter tires are much better than any all season tire. The Blizzak with "tube multi cell technology" are the best on ice.
Didn't know 50/50 antifreeze was better and I always use synthetic oil so far so good and when I get there was planning on getting some snow tires any ways and the glass thing would not've even thought of that , Thanks for the help. Where about in Utah are you if in or around salt Lake well be driving thought their could meet up for lunch or something:headbang2:

·
Registered
9,661 Posts
Laramie+Winter = 4x4 TRUCK

Winters are Brutal in Wy.

Reactions: RoostKing

·
Registered
555 Posts
Didn't know 50/50 antifreeze was better and I always use synthetic oil so far so good and when I get there was planning on getting some snow tires any ways and the glass thing would not've even thought of that , Thanks for the help. Where about in Utah are you if in or around salt Lake well be driving thought their could meet up for lunch or something:headbang2:
I tried to PM you, page wouldn't open.
PM me, I'm in Roy, just south of Ogden.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
Im from Cheyenne, Wyoming, If you are going to school, get a beater 4x4. Drive the Challenger in the summer. Good luck in school, I checked out Wyotech back in the day and was impressed, but went a different out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts