Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did a total 1,200 mile trip with Big blue.....2016 Challenger R/T A8 tranny, no mods, started with full tank and filled up after coming hone....total fuel cost's $127.00....at one point it as up to 28.3 mpg, most of time it was around 26.5...never thought i see that on this car, had a 2010 SE & 2015 SXT before Big Blue, the best i got from them was 30.5 mpg, so i'm pretty happy with this.....oil usage, zippo!....mileage before leaving 6,500.....oh ya, $35.00 total for hand bay washing ( got to keep it clean! :elephant: )

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
In the city the 392 not the greatest but on the open road the mileage is excellent I think.

This was yesterday, flat road, not much wind, and no draft from cars in front ...

30 mpg at 72 mph

ECO Mode on and in MDS

Pretty good I would say!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
I've taken two road trips to the Rockies with my Scat Pack. Each trip was around 2k (s)miles, and I averaged 25+ mpg for the entire trip.

The 392/A8 combo gets great mileage on the road.

FWIW, both trips were in Sport Mode all the time, and I did plenty of WOT blasts as usual. More than happy about the mpg's at cruising speeds.:)

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I have drove from Atlanta, GA to Savannah, GA many times and always get around 25mpg. Granted it could be better but I usually travel around 80mpg which is usually too fast for MDS.

I have found that the sweet spot for mpg is 70-75 as MDS will usually stay on as long as youre not going up a big hill.

Either way, yes it gets great gas mileage on the highway. Beats my old 4 cyl car I used to have haha!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did 120 miles round trip yesterday after these two mods. Mid muffler swap with magnaflow glasspack 14419 and Tazer. I don't know if it is combination of both or either one made a difference. About 1200 miles on odometer. On the way up I drove in almost track mode and cruised at 75 to 80 MPH. AVRAGE 25 MPG. on the way back eco mode enabled I got steady 32 Mpg at 65 MPH and 30mpg at 70 MPH. Couple of WOT I promised my self no WOT. But I cheated few times. Here are few pics of cluster info

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts