Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
and please lets now post comments like "i bought this car not for gasmilage) sure you didn't ;) but who wants to spend mo money no matter how cool or rich u are ;)
anyways mpg is a really big think for a lot of ppl with gas prices today
how big of a difference mpg in SRT2011 vs. RT2011 in practical world, cuz no one really buying the info on the window stickers.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Either one you are better off with the 6 speed for mileage. On the highway my 09 RT 6 speed gets over 25.5 for me. Local I get anywhere between 15 and 18.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
6 speed 2010 R/T: Between 24-26 on the highway, 18-20 in town.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
2009 auto R/T. Got 27-28mpg with just an exhaust, now with all my current mods the highest I've gotten is 26mpg (with some WOT runs mixed into the trip)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Around city I am seeing 17 city (but I haven't been to easy on the throttle), and highway when I was easy on the throttle got 26 mpg. It is a 2011 RT that is at 500 miles. So I'll check back in a few thousand miles when the car is completely broken in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Around town I am seeing 16-17 with a 2010 SRT manual (1800 miles). I haven't taken it on a highway trip to know what it might get, but if it gets the 25+ some of you are claiming I will be overjoyed.

·
Registered
111 Posts
2011 Challenger SRT8 - I average 19.7 mpg in mixed city and freeway driving 70 miles per day.

·
Registered
330 Posts
2010 RT / About 13mpg city, (Drive it like I stole it usually) Not enough highway miles to measure it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I get around 22.5 mpg combined city/highway with my auto R/T.

Not a surprise how much driving style affects mileage. Interestingly, the 5.7 L Hemi is potentially almost as efficient as the V6 SE engine, but is potentially much less if you get on it.

I do love the vast torque the Hemi allows, you drive along at speed and press the pedal, presto! around the slow-pokes you go. :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
SRT 6 spd, 13 and 24
and Dude...if you're gonna edit your post...PLEASE correct your spelling...that is just ridiculous.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I average about 14 to 15 in my SRT8, with my lead foot.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
432 Posts
A mix of city/hilly & curvey back roads I get 16-18mpg depending on how many times I see redline & xxx speeds. Hwy is 24-26mpg depending on the hills.

My salesman told me not to expect better than 11mpg. I told him awesome, double digit mpg! I may get to driving speed quicker than most but once at speed I drive the road & don't use my brakes unless really needed. I let the engine do most of the slowing down as possible even being an auto.

·
Registered
466 Posts
About 13-14 in town. On a long highway trip one summer (A/C running) the MPG indicator kept climbing and finally maxed out at 26.5.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Average 18mpg in town, 22 on the highway. I tend to drive around 75-80 on the highway, if i keep it below 65 it will go as high as 26 to 28mpg, but it drops down to 22 above 70.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts