Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my Mr. Gasket Fabricated Valve Covers today.

"These Mr. Gasket Mopar Gen III Hemi valve covers are constructed of 6061 T5 sheet aluminum and precision TIG welded for a great fit. They feature a taller than stock height to clear most valvetrain configurations along with recessed ignition coil pockets to fit OEM and aftermarket coils. These valve covers are available in silver anodized or black coated finishes."

They do not look like they are anodized silver, just look like natural aluminum to me. I actually like that.
Can't wait to get them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
768 Posts
I’m still sitting on a set of these but the Holley Sniper version. Hopefully will get them on tomorrow. Post some pictures when you get to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Those look great. It would be nice to get them in black wrinkle paint... also, I can't find any aftermarket coil packs that are red for my 392. I post on another thread...

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
768 Posts
They’re taller than stock but nothing that would interfere with the shaker setup (of any kind I know of).
Don’t mean to thread hijack but here’s a picture after I got mine on.

Reactions: 2014 Challenger R/T

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
They’re taller than stock but nothing that would interfere with the shaker setup (of any kind I know of).

Can you post a couple pics of further out so we can see how they look in the engine bay?

Also, I wish someone would make so red coils for the 392... I think the black just fades into all the other black wires and other stuff...

Thanks!!!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts
Reactions: georgethedog

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Those look great. It would be nice to get them in black wrinkle paint... also, I can't find any aftermarket coil packs that are red for my 392. I post on another thread...

Thanks for sharing!
Get the red coil covers from billet Tech. They look good I just don't like their lead times. Also look at Billet Tech's valve covers. I love the looks of them too but again, if I am paying you 1200 bucks for parts, I want them damn near immediately.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Can you post a couple pics of further out so we can see how they look in the engine bay?

Also, I wish someone would make so red coils for the 392... I think the black just fades into all the other black wires and other stuff...

Thanks!!!

Best pictures I got for ya. They’re tucked in pretty good.

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Best pictures I got for ya. They’re tucked in pretty good.

Your setup is nothing short of AWESOME!!! Question: are they hard to keep clean? Water spots, etc.? What do you use?

They would look great on my car especially with red coil covers to coordinate with the rest of my car...

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
MSD's stuff is red, wonder why they don't make them for the 6.4L? They have them for 5.7L and 6.1L. The Granetelli's have a red sticker on them :)

https://www.custombilletstore.net/Billet_Technology_Coil_Pack_Covers_p/100457.htm

A Guy
Get the red coil covers from billet Tech. They look good I just don't like their lead times. Also look at Billet Tech's valve covers. I love the looks of them too but again, if I am paying you 1200 bucks for parts, I want them damn near immediately.
I like them, but really prefer them to be separate for each coil and not a cover for all of them.

Thanks, guys. If you run across them where they are separate like the MSD ones that would be ideal! I might be stuck getting the yellow ones from ACCEL. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-140038-8/overview/year/2012/make/dodge/model/challenger/submodel/srt8

·
Registered
768 Posts
Thank you!
As with all my raw aluminum stuff, I take some all purpose cleaner from Adams polishes for hard to clean stuff (hard water) and then follow up with some detail spray. No problems so far.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
I like them, but really prefer them to be separate for each coil and not a cover for all of them.

Thanks, guys. If you run across them where they are separate like the MSD ones that would be ideal! I might be stuck getting the yellow ones from ACCEL. https://www.summitracing.com/parts/acc-140038-8/overview/year/2012/make/dodge/model/challenger/submodel/srt8
Search "Hemi Billet Coil Pack Covers" on Ebay. Although not completely red there are black ones that spell "HEMI" in red on there for 300 bucks. I am kicking around ordering them or 3gCustomz or Billet Tech.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Nice!!!

Off topic:

How well does that dual catch-can setup work?

Is that a custom setup or is that readily available?

The second can in succession is the hellcat short can from BT. I was still having blowby through the one but didn’t want to add another large can so I talked to BT about it. They both catch oil now, the firt obviously catches more than the second.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Just to add onto A Guy's post, here's a nice looking setup especially the way that they mount the coils:

Custom Aluminum Valve Covers 5.7L Hemi, 6.1L Hemi, 6.4L Hemi Custom Aluminum Valve Covers 5.7L Hemi, Custom Aluminum Valve Covers 6.1L Hemi, Custom Aluminum Valve Covers 392 Hemi, Custom Aluminum Valve Covers 426 Hemi, 5.7L Hemi Valve Covers, 6.1L He

They aren't cheap to begin with and then if you add options, they can get pricey, but the bonus is that you'll have something that not everyone else has.
Thanks. I looked into these and even had the manufacturer send me the remote coil mount so I could see if there was room to mount it. There is not any room anywhere to mount that piece at least that I could tell. I thought on the firewall, but there is not good place so I sent them back. The manufacturer was even going to smooth it all out for me and paint them in black wrinkle. I think these are made more for resto-rods that are using the Gen III Hemis in old cars. I talked with them and the manufacturer and neither had sold one to someone with a new car. Thanks for posting! Maybe someone can make these work???

·
Registered
46 Posts

I'm having a ***** of a time getting these installed past the air conditioning tubing due to interference. I have a 2011 rt. Did you have to remove and reinstall the
compressor and its connections?

Thanks,
Chuck

1 - 20 of 27 Posts