Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm having a * of a time getting these installed past the air conditioning tubing due to interference. I have a 2011 rt. Did you have to remove and reinstall the
compressor and its connections?

Thanks,
Chuck
No it can be done without any extra work.
Just have to push and pull and tinker till you can get it in there. Verify the gasket is still seated after you get them in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm having a * of a time getting these installed past the air conditioning tubing due to interference. I have a 2011 rt. Did you have to remove and reinstall the
compressor and its connections?

Thanks,
Chuck
I installed these on my car. Pain in the a$$. My ac system wasnt charged so i took it a part to do the drivers side. That made it real easy. Drivers side is 20 min job. Pass side is a pain. I removed the harness from the inner fender. Removed the dipstick tube. I have long tube headers. Installing the lower bolts is what sucks. I actually found it easier to start the bolts from the bottom then tighten from the top with a ball swivel set up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I installed these on my car. Pain in the a$$. My ac system wasnt charged so i took it a part to do the drivers side. That made it real easy. Drivers side is 20 min job. Pass side is a pain. I removed the harness from the inner fender. Removed the dipstick tube. I have long tube headers. Installing the lower bolts is what sucks. I actually found it easier to start the bolts from the bottom then tighten from the top with a ball swivel set up.
How did you get the passenger side lower rear bolt in?? and how did you keep the gasket in place...rtv sealant?

·
Registered
768 Posts
How did you get the passenger side lower rear bolt in?? and how did you keep the gasket in place...rtv sealant?
Swivel and extensions. Don’t remember the combo exactly.
Then just seat the gasket and I just stuck my hand down there to make sure the gasket was still seated after the cover was in place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
I used no rtv. Gaskets were actually nice and firm in the cover. Like i stated, i started the 2 center lower bolts from the bottom of the car. Put them in with my hand, then went up top and tightened with a 1/4 ball swivel and short allen head socket. The last bolt tward the firewall was no issues. I moved the harness off from the inner structure. Dont tighten any of the bolts til you have them all in first.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not sure how you started them from the bottom. Dropped them in the holes, that's about all I could do with my big hands and short arms. Now that all the socket head screws are in the right place, I really can't figure out how to get the 5mm hex bit socket on the bottom screws to tighten.
I'm debating whether to replace them all with hex heads to use a standard socket.

BTW, by '1/4 drive ball swivel and short Allen socket, don't know of a ball swivel adapter, just mini u-joint style, also how short is the short 5mm Allen head socket?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not sure how you started them from the bottom. Dropped them in the holes, that's about all I could do with my big hands and short arms. Now that all the socket head screws are in the right place, I really can't figure out how to get the 5mm hex bit socket on the bottom screws to tighten.
I'm debating whether to replace them all with hex heads to use a standard socket.

BTW, by '1/4 drive ball swivel and short Allen socket, don't know of a ball swivel adapter, just mini u-joint style, also how short is the short 5mm Allen head socket?
The 5mm socket i used is about 1/2 inch long total. The ball swivel is in the pic attached. Also known as an impact swivel. Much better than the square style. I have long tube headers and started all the bottom bolts from under the car. Was easiest for me to get to them that way. The other option is to take the mount bolts out, lift the motor a little and slide it over to one side. Not for me, but some have done it that way.
20200531_103234.jpg
20200531_103237.jpg

21 - 27 of 27 Posts