Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone tell me if this is a possible conversion on a non-widebody car. I've been eyeballing this grille forever and want it.

Too broke to take chances. lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts
Thanks Luke, had to ask since eBay in their infinite wisdom says it would fit my car ;)

A Guy

·
Vendor
12,930 Posts
Thanks Luke, had to ask since eBay in their infinite wisdom says it would fit my car ;)

A Guy
the issue is were able to fit this grille over the top of existing grille with a Hellcat or Widebody, the issue with the non Hellcat grille is there is no way to fit it over the existing grille which means a brand new grille design which will require tooling....

tooling to make a new injected part mold will cost upwards of 20k dollars, and that's before you make one part or even design the mold

simply cannot sell enough to justify a 30/40k dollar investment even before you make one part or the actual cost of making each part, in order to break even you would need to sell minimum of 400 pieces at 200 each

and that would be with zero profit, just breaking even.....why bother:crying:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the issue is were able to fit this grille over the top of existing grille with a Hellcat or Widebody, the issue with the non Hellcat grille is there is no way to fit it over the existing grille which means a brand new grille design which will require tooling....

tooling to make a new injected part mold will cost upwards of 20k dollars, and that's before you make one part or even design the mold

simply cannot sell enough to justify a 30/40k dollar investment even before you make one part or the actual cost of making each part, in order to break even you would need to sell minimum of 400 pieces at 200 each

and that would be with zero profit, just breaking even.....why bother:crying:
What difference is there between the wide body and regular width of the Front Fascia?

Just curious what kind of reworking may be an option.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,613 Posts
So in other words, if I were to change out the front fascia to a hellcat one, or even mod my grill just a bit it should fit perfectly fine? (In theory)
I don't know about modding your grille but, if you did the front end conversion I am 99% sure it would work but, ask @stevewhiteparts They carry all the parts to make it happen.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,622 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,613 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts