Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is only to outline the engine build. As far as power adder and supporting mods, Tim will have to provide that info.

PWR Forged 6.1L Shortblock
OEM 3.579" Crank
Manley H-Beams
ARP2000 Rod Bolts
Wiseco Pistons
Steel Rings
Chromoly Wrist Pins
OEM main caps and main bolts

PWR Eagle Mean Street Heads
Manley 2.08/1.575 Valves
PAC Racing 15XX Springs
Chromoly Retainers

PW-216 Camshaft

·
Registered
691 Posts
We are taking our 10 second package and converting it to the 9 second package. We just sold a 9 second GSS 'Cuda to a guy in California. So the guys on the west coast and east coast will get to see some of our cars running at various tracks.

Our Silver car will be in Florida for testing at the LX event. Andy is making sure of that with a fast turn around on this block for us. It will be at Mopars @ the Strip as well with my wife racing the entire event. We will keep her in the 10's tho as she does not have a liscense YET... I'll blast some 9's with it tho,count on it.;)

Plan for the car is 9psi to run its current 10.60's on 93 octane which it did on the stock block, 14psi-16psi to run high 9's on 93 octane and meth. Then a shot of Nitrous to run well into the 9's on Q16.

PWR is the bomb, I am really enjoying the working relationship with Andy. Even tho he has started to stalk me.;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
10.60s on 9psi and 93 is impressive. What do you plan to have for the weight of the car in race trim?

That was full weight when it ran that with the exception of the skinnies and slicks. So alittle lighter than stock.

We won't change anything on that tune up because we already know it works. Only difference is now a forged engine instead of the stocker. Andy will have the block next week, he can post pictures of how nice the stock 08 pistons look after all the passes I made on 9psi and 93 octane.

I had to do that to baseline the car for resale. If I had run race gas the times would be wrong and we would have a problem with a car not running a number we advertised. I know some don't believe it will run mid 10's on 93 octane but it does. I had to insure it with alot of track tuning and keeping the car safe for customers. On the 14-16psi on 93 I will use meth as a safety net but will keep the timing mild as if the meth isn't working. Just a boost of octane to insure all stays safe under WOT.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
That was full weight when it ran that with the exception of the skinnies and slicks. So alittle lighter than stock.

We won't change anything on that tune up because we already know it works. Only difference is now a forged engine instead of the stocker. Andy will have the block next week, he can post pictures of how nice the stock 08 pistons look after all the passes I made on 9psi and 93 octane.

I had to do that to baseline the car for resale. If I had run race gas the times would be wrong and we would have a problem with a car not running a number we advertised. I know some don't believe it will run mid 10's on 93 octane but it does. I had to insure it with alot of track tuning and keeping the car safe for customers. On the 14-16psi on 93 I will use meth as a safety net but will keep the timing mild as if the meth isn't working. Just a boost of octane to insure all stays safe under WOT.
That's awesome Tim. Hopefully I can meet up with you and introduce myself at one of the events this summer. Be thinking about coming to Challengerfest brah. Looking like it'll be spring.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
We need to send Andy a snow shovel so UPS/FEDX can get in his driveway. On the other hand he should have a lot to ship when it does get there.
Tout

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone knows the eagle goes on the left, haha. That pic was originally to show the difference in combustion chambers. Nice catch.

·
Registered
70 Posts
LOL... You're the one who taught me the difference when you sold me on the Eagles for my build.

Nice build Andy!! I can't wait for mine.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Ok I haven't opened up any of the Gen III hemi's so I gotta ask? Which heads are the Eagle heads? I definately see the difference in the combustion chambers, is there any other differences? Will the Eagle heads work on the 6.1 & 5.7 ?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts