Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok gents, new to the forum. Here's my issue, 2013 Challenger R/T 28k miles. Mr squiggles comes on after engine start. I'll shut it down, restart, and all is fine. Code is U0101. I checked the batt voltage since it was original, it was dropping to 9vdc on engine start. Replaced the battery, cleaned the grounds, and batt leads, even gained access to the TCM and removed, and cleaned the contacts with contact cleaner, it still does it, mostly the 1st start of the day. I REALLY don't want to take it to the dealer, and get charged 175.00 for them to hook up their "proprietary" code scanner, and also last time it was in there, some knucklehead ran his orange snap on tool cart into the front fender. I also read on other forums it may be the wiring from the TCM chafing on the parking brake actuator, checked that too ! mIs this just a TCM going bad? Any Ideas ????

·
Registered
800 Posts
Using a predator?

If not then may be the PCM or TCM going bad.

Cold by you right now?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Powertrain Control Module, yes. Odd, it seems this code is mostly a problem from something physically wrong, a failing PCM or TCM, or the use of a handheld tuner. As far as checks you could do yourself...I?m at a loss if you already checked all the hard wiring yourself. A dealer visit may be in order unfortunately.

Hopefully someone else can chime in on any checks you could do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. For a car with only 28k on it the tranny system seems to be the weak point. At 13k had to have the input shaft and torque converter replaced.

What could be a big help, if anyone else could chime in is a wiring diagram for the TCM and to its sensors. Being it seems to be happening on boot up, or in self test, I wonder if I have a dirty connection somewhere. I work corporate aircraft, and this is what seems to be the problem, is the TCM is not happy during self test with something, being its a communication error code. And being the fact it started after being outside in wind driven rain during Irma.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A side from the wheel speed pick ups( and I have no ABS light) what other sensors are tied in ? I'm sure there has to be something on the trans ? Anyone out there have any thoughts ??

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I saw some people saying that the harness going to the TCM in the dash can sometimes be damaged by being rubbed by the emergency brake mechanism. Do you set the e-brake most of the time?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts