Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought MRR wheels for any of your cars?

MRR gets really good reviews on other car forums. But I want to make sure they’re good for Dodge also?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the MRR GT5s on my car in 20X10 & 20X9. I am very happy with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
MR392s in 11" on the rear of my T/A. match the OEMs perfectly and they are like 9-10 lbs lighter each. Love em. Thinking seriously abuot buying 9.5s for the front and selling the OEMs just because of the weighte savings.

·
Registered
138 Posts
MR392s in 11" on the rear of my T/A. match the OEMs perfectly and they are like 9-10 lbs lighter each. Love em. Thinking seriously abuot buying 9.5s for the front and selling the OEMs just because of the weighte savings.

I have A set of these on backorder for my TA 392. I didn't realize they were that much lighter than factory wheels, that's good to know. Now you got me wanting to replace the fronts as well! :grin2: Damn you! :lol:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was a bit off in my math.

for the M392s, the 20x11" rears are 25.5 lbs and the 9.5x20 fronts are 23.4 lbs

20x9.5 hellcat rims are 29-30 lbs. The first I saw was 33-35 poss on HC board, but the guy retracted that and said they are actually 29ish.

I dont know if the Daytona/TA OEM rims are any heavier or lighter. I have 2 without tires so I'll weigh them when I get a chance.

1320 rims (same design in 20x9.5 as Daytona/T/A ) might be lighter since its a drag car but I dont know

·
Registered
392 Posts
What does "good for Dodge" mean?

They're cast wheels and they're round. If you like the pattern/style, go for it.
actually they are not cast, they are flow forged and actually lighter than the heavy ass forged srt wheels.

OP, I run the M392 wheels and loooooove them, the 11" rear with a 315 weighs about the same as the my srt wheels with the puny 275's

·
Registered
392 Posts
here's a couple pics of my car with the MRR M392 wheels, very happy with these. The fit and offset is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
INNOV8R, I really like the MRR GT5s on your Challenger,what bolt pattern are they ?
One websight says they will not fit a 2015 Scat Pack.

Thanks! and Great looking Challenger.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks guys I appreciate the replies. I just need one new wheel. Because I curbed my rear , passenger side wheel bad. I know I can get the wheel fixed too. But maybe after I have the tire swapped with new wheel. I’ll try to get to stock wheel fixed.

Did you guys order these directly from MRR? Their website ?

I ordered mine from Element Wheel but they are backordered right now. https://www.elementwheels.com/wheels/mrr-wheels/mrrm3922011blk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was a bit off in my math.

for the M392s, the 20x11" rears are 25.5 lbs and the 9.5x20 fronts are 23.4 lbs

20x9.5 hellcat rims are 29-30 lbs. The first I saw was 33-35 poss on HC board, but the guy retracted that and said they are actually 29ish.

I dont know if the Daytona/TA OEM rims are any heavier or lighter. I have 2 without tires so I'll weigh them when I get a chance.

1320 rims (same design in 20x9.5 as Daytona/T/A ) might be lighter since its a drag car but I dont know

Ah, that makes more sense. I thought 9-10lbs per wheel sounded like a lot. Comparing with the Hellcat stock wheel, 5lbs per wheel is still quite a good weight savings. But like you said, since the HC wheels have more spokes than the TA design, I'm curious what a factory TA wheel weighs. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Your car looks fantastic!!

·
Registered
392 Posts

I ordered mine from PK Auto Design, they are a vendor on the forum and Paul is fantastic to deal with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Thanks guys I appreciate the replies. I just need one new wheel. Because I curbed my rear , passenger side wheel bad. I know I can get the wheel fixed too. But maybe after I have the tire swapped with new wheel. I’ll try to get to stock wheel fixed.

Thread about my curbed wheel

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/curbed-my-new-challenger-scat-1320-wheel-670875/
You're going to order only one?

Isn't that going to screw with your balancing?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I just don't see buying one replica to replace a wheel on a brand new car. Extra problems if the wheels are knurled, as noted in pre-release articles, and you use it on the back leaving off the brake.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts