Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just don't see buying one replica to replace a wheel on a brand new car. Extra problems if the wheels are knurled, as noted in pre-release articles, and you use it on the back leaving off the brake.
I was thinking about rotating the replica M392 to the front. The front wheels are the same size.

And I’m gonna try and get the original damaged wheel fixed too. Use it as a spare.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I'm no engineer, but I'm fairly sure it's not a good idea to put a wheel of different weight on one corner of the car compared to the others...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I'm no engineer, but I'm fairly sure it's not a good idea to put a wheel of different weight on one corner of the car compared to the others...
How much weight difference? I don’t care too much. If it’s not much.

I’m also gonna try and get the stock curbed wheel fixed too. Use it as a spare. Idk.

I’m just disappointed I have to deal with this sh1t on a brand new car. Wtf.

Just a few months ago, I noticed ALOT of paint problems on my 19 Charger Scat. After a couple car washes. It looked like shit. Looked like some kid went nuts on it with an orbital. It had a lot of Large cloudy spots on it and it was black. Easier to notice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
INNOV8R, I really like the MRR GT5s on your Challenger,what bolt pattern are they ?
One websight says they will not fit a 2015 Scat Pack.

Thanks! and Great looking Challenger.
My Bolt pattern is 5X115. If that is not the pattern on a 2015 Scat Pak then that website is probably right. My offset on both is 20, size is 20X10 rear and 20X8.5 front. I bought Nitto Motivo tires in 275 and 255 sizes. I like the tires but if I had to do again I'd go with 255 and 305 Invo's. I got mine from performance tire plus. I'm not a fan off blackout wheels. Taking a great looking wheel and coating it black where you can barely see it doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ah, that makes more sense. I thought 9-10lbs per wheel sounded like a lot. Comparing with the Hellcat stock wheel, 5lbs per wheel is still quite a good weight savings. But like you said, since the HC wheels have more spokes than the TA design, I'm curious what a factory TA wheel weighs. Thanks again for the info!

Unscientific weigh in. Me with and without wheel on an old bathroom scale. OEM 20x9.5" T/A or DAYTONA rim with TPMS sensor, approx 29 lbs. MR392 in 9.5" is 23.4 lbs. So they are about 5-6 lbs lighter. The 11" about 3 lbs lighter than 9.5 OEM.

Id really like to get a more accurate reading but Idont have anything handy.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
MRR FS01 18x9.5 +15
They weigh about 22 lbs each
For sale if anyone is interested
Only has about 20 miles on them

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
32 Posts
MR392s in 11" on the rear of my T/A. match the OEMs perfectly and they are like 9-10 lbs lighter each. Love em. Thinking seriously abuot buying 9.5s for the front and selling the OEMs just because of the weighte savings.
Are the M392's identical to the oem wheels or is there a slight difference if you really look at them side by side?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,959 Posts
"MMR 11" wheel so very similar any difference not really noticeable at all. "

A Guy

·
Registered
32 Posts
"MMR 11" wheel so very similar any difference not really noticeable at all. "

A Guy
Thanks again! You've been a lot of help! That link you reffered me to was the best! I'll be going with those for sure saving me a few bucks on the OEM ones!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I do! Only issue is the front center cap didn't fit as you can see this was when I first installed them. Took some trimming and seem ok now tho. MRR had no idea why mine didn't snap in like the rear caps.
Did you go with the 20X9.5(front) and 20X11(rear) ? And what size tires did you get? Did you need spacers and did you have any rubbing issues when hitting bumps or turning at all?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts