Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the MSD rpm activated switch and other electronics to swap a 6.4 manifold onto my 5.7

Everyone ive seen that does the swap uses this MSD box

MSD 8969 Digital RPM Window Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COOOG0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HmC3Db8QQNAE8

But ive come across other options, such as this little guy

Intellitronx N3210 Digital RPM Activated Window Switch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0721TKT3V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_onC3Db4RABHDB

Now it seems like both of these were created with N2O in mind, but if the MSD can be re-purposes, why not the other? Is there something crucial im missing here?

Besides the fact that MSD is a known brand with better support, and probably better quality electronics, i think they’ll function the same...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No body have any bright ideas? Dont want to spend the $180 if i can get by with a $60 switch....

·
Registered
76 Posts
The MSD box can be set to run a 1 cylinder engine mode. That is what you need, because you will be operating off of one injector. If the other window switch can't be set to 1 cylinder mode then it will not work. I remember looking at different RPM window switches and found that the MSD 8969 was the only one that would work two years ago when I did my 6.4 intake swap. I found that the circuit boss was a big waist of money, a relay and a plug in extra fuse circuit you fined at the auto parts store and the pig tail for the actuator on the intake is all you need.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
69 Posts
Wish someone would try turning on the code in the PCM using HPTuner or something. Maybe someone has and it wouldn't work.

I've heard the info is there in the R/T PCM, but haven't heard of anyone making a run at it.

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
69 Posts
Sounds like you can get the PCM to control it. Found posts on other forums that stated that a couple of places have made it work.

I should have saved links and posted them here but didn't think about it until just now.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you can get the PCM to control it. Found posts on other forums that stated that a couple of places have made it work.

I should have saved links and posted them here but didn't think about it until just now.
For now ill being going with the msd box because i dont want to switch to hp tuners until i get my cam swap going with some head work...

So ill be sticking with my diablo and getting a custom tune with hemifever once i have the manifold on.

Would definitely be interested in seeing support/claims from other tuners saying they can program it in. I dont see why not

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is what I used to wire mine in, plus a bosch 30 amp relay and an inline fuse for the power wire to the relay(12 volt battery, which is the main power wire for the MSD) . You can buy them in any auto parts store (O'Reilly, Auto Zone, Advance Auto, or Napa). I used a 20 amp fuse circuit(key on) in fuse box and 5 amp fuse in the second circuit for the trigger wire for the relay. Been working perfect for 2 years now, mounted it next to the fuse/power box and the wires on the MSD 8969 were more than long enough to reach the # 8 injector and pig tail for the SRV valve.
It should cost you less than $20 to wire in the MSD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts