·
Banned
7,159 Posts
That color is great on the Challenger.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too. The performance wasnt too bad considering it had the heavy 20" rims. Great braking performance considering the weight, I was surprised to see the SE at 3900+ pounds.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Performance was not too bad considering the amount of mass being hauled around. I think it competed admireably.

·
Registered
205 Posts
First off, i believe it now, to all those who have claimed that the 3.5l has 225 crank hp or less and not the stated 250. Those 2011 Challenger numbers are very very good.
The only reason the mustang didnt have the best times in all categories of acceleration is because its using the base 2.73 gears and not the 3.31 option. The Challenger only needs a new 6sp and a swap to the 3.64 gears and will probably have the best acceleration numbers. And i think it may get the new tranny by 2012? , doesnt the 2011 Avenger get that new 7sp manumatic?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Interesting to note that the Challenger had 3.06 gears and not the base 2.56?

Not bad numbers though, finally.

Now, Predator, exhaust, intake, some other mods, and we'll be seeing high 5s?

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
14.8 1/4 mile, a 6.4 0-60, and 118ft 60-0 is great. It's nice to see Dodge stepping things up! This is good news for anyone in the market for an 11' SE.

Now if they could only do something to the R/Ts to get it to the 425hp level..

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
the Challenger is a contender now...not a bad deal

complaint: its a brand new engine...now is the time to become #1, instead the brand new engine still puts it in 4th place....a step behind....

a step ahead would have been nice....the price is excellent considering its a bigger car...i only wish the high end Challengers could be so competitive

5,134 Posts
The pentastar engine looks like a winner, but it cannot forgive the Challenger's heft.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
The pentastar engine looks like a winner, but it cannot forgive the Challenger's heft.
the engines for the Challenger always need to be bigger to compensate for the heft...just like the 392....they should have added 30 hp to come out on top

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
That color is great on the Challenger.
I liked the color too. Aside from the performance numbers that Challenger is hands down the best looking car in the group. Respectable numbers as well.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Well, they've designed the pentastar with plans for both a turbo and a twin turbo version in the future. So, in theory, you could add a turbo to the one in the 2011 SE. Who knows, maybe you'd get R/T performance or better out of it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
that article needs and article just to point out all the inconsistencies in statements.
And what is with MT being such asses to their readers "tinfoil hat wearing letter writers" what is with that?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
that article needs and article just to point out all the inconsistencies in statements.
And what is with MT being such asses to their readers "tinfoil hat wearing letter writers" what is with that?
MT has always "sucked it" from their best advertisers. And last year a bunch of Challenger owners wrote in to complain about an article of the R/T vs. SS vs. GT. (I think that was the article)

·
Registered
820 Posts
MT is a joke but the article was a lot nicer than I would expect from them.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
the mustang is #1 but it's not the best looking, handling, or performing of the three (korean "muscle cars" don't count).
How does that even make sense?

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
the mustang is #1 but it's not the best looking, handling, or performing of the three (korean "muscle cars" don't count).
How does that even make sense?
Weird, you and I agree for like the 2nd time in history. lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, they've designed the pentastar with plans for both a turbo and a twin turbo version in the future. So, in theory, you could add a turbo to the one in the 2011 SE. Who knows, maybe you'd get R/T performance or better out of it.

Thats another thing, the pentastar has the least compression at 10.3. Not sure how this integrated exhaust manifold will affect forced induction, but it will be interesting to see what the aftermarket comes up with. This car and engine needs a manual as the icing on the cake.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts