Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Mud flaps hell no...now Splash Guards, yes :D

Mopar Splash Guards

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Yeah, splash guards, rock guards, there are many choices. The Widebody guys, it's really a must to prevent damage. On our narrow bodies, it really helps, and I think (the Mopar at least) look great.

A Guy

·
Registered
531 Posts
The factory guard is the most attractive, but I like the look better without them. I am not paranoid about damage. Any splashing I have had, be it mud or snow, easily washes off with the high pressure spray in the self serve car wash

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
It was an option on my Solo Performance Exhaust

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
277 Posts
The factory guard is the most attractive, but I like the look better without them. I am not paranoid about damage. Any splashing I have had, be it mud or snow, easily washes off with the high pressure spray in the self serve car wash
I have the factory ones on mine, and they look fine. They completely blend with the blacked-out one above ^^^ and disappear; looks great. My car is white; the most obvious color. But, with the black lower trim, tires and wheel wells, they also visually disappear pretty well.

I am always paranoid about damage, and every time you drive, you're picking up little stones, metal, and other debris which can potentially sandblast the sides of your car. Precipitation makes it worse. I, too, prefer the look without the guards, but the alternative is even worse. I don't have any chips/damage yet on the sides. And on the rare occasion when I do get caught out in the rain with the car, if I drive carefully, I can keep the dirt/spray/splash to a minimum using them.

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
If you drive on wet pavement, sure. Even essential.
My car never sees rain, so it's a non-issue.
How do they look? Well, they're a big hit on Subarus. LOL

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
I had the Mopar ones on my last Challenger which was white. I thought they might detract from the looks but I never really noticed them. I have to drive on gravel and some dirt so I figured it would eliminate the sandblasting and chips and it did. My next Challenger I'll get another set.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
I think they look cool, gives a subtle perceived stoutness to the car.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,304 Posts
I need to get Guards for my Car since I went to a slightly Wider Tire... Like the OEM ones but will dress them up when I get them..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts