Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just documenting a recent install and posting some before and afters for the Mopar Mud Guards.

The install was simple, was really surprised the rear had factory holes made for these under neath the wheel-well shroud.
Took me some time to become a fan of these but I am happy with them.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So then you really didn't have to drill any holes at all
Lol I wish, my wording was less than ideal but there’s a small plastic lip behind the wheel well plastic shroud that already has a hole but you need to drill so the pin can be installed, for the front there are none so drilling is needed.
Sorry about that lol

Reactions: Johnny Utah

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you jack the vehicle up?
I had to for the rear since the wheels had to be removed. I was able to do the front with just turning the wheels

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,241 Posts
I installed mine without removing any wheels. I did drill the one hole in the front and used the special coated screw as well as a dab of silicone. I used the awl from my swiss army knife to ream a hole on the plastic in the back and used a thumb drive with a Phillips bit to put the screws on in the back

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic 6-speed
545 Posts
Looks great; on a black car they virtually disappear! Having white, not so much, but totally worth having the protection anyway.

Cheers!

JD

·
Premium Member
5,288 Posts
I put these on my 13 R/T. I found out a little later that this edge was sharp, and when vibrating it was rubbing the paint along there. I took them off and sanded the sharp flash off the edge and added a strip of PPF along there to minimize the rubbing. Keep an eye on them.

Great looking car dude!

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

Reactions: DeadDrop86

·
Registered
‘12 Challenger SXT
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put these on my 13 R/T. I found out a little later that this edge was sharp, and when vibrating it was rubbing the paint along there. I took them off and sanded the sharp flash off the edge and added a strip of PPF along there to minimize the rubbing. Keep an eye on them.

Great looking car dude!

View attachment 1051126
Thanks, I’ll keep an eye on these and if mine starts showing signs of wear I’ll post here

·
Registered
2020 RT Scatpack Shaker Sinnamon Stick
142 Posts
I installed mine without removing any wheels. I did drill the one hole in the front and used the special coated screw as well as a dab of silicone. I used the awl from my swiss army knife to ream a hole on the plastic in the back and used a thumb drive with a Phillips bit to put the screws on in the back

A Guy
You got a picture of that thumb drive (y)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
31,241 Posts
Reactions: Johnny Utah
1 - 13 of 13 Posts