Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, Here are some installation suggestions for those of us that are thinking about swapping out the mid muffler/ resonator, or swapping out rear ones, for a set of Dynomax mini bullet racing mufflers, or the Vibrant 1794 mufflers.

As I just recently had this done on my 19 Scat Pack Widebody. I have some insight as to how it should be installed , versus how it should NOT be installed. And yes, the restrictions of the exhaust flow does make a difference in the sound, loudness, and overall excelleration. I had experienced it first hand, when a “new” guy had did my mid muffler installation. So, I have drawn up some basic diagrams to help others avoid a less than desirable installation.for you. I hope you can see and read them. Enjoy.

6C5C20E5-25EC-4055-B195-F35AF8D8397E_1550606976308.jpg
C8C54F62-A440-4C23-BBE2-3DC41EF19C02_1550607097016.jpg
2E701F43-C982-4393-8B31-478A48FD9D32_1550607109851.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you install both the dynomax and vibrant bullets into your car? Replacing the muffler and rear resonators?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
The level of detail is astounding, for such a painfully simple job. I'm not even sure how anyone would end up with "what you don't want" if they can tie their own shoes. As a techie, I commend you.

How's the drone with 24250s in place of a proper resonator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Vincentall2,

Yes, I have replaced both the mid mufflers and rear resonators on my car.

When I got my 19 SP Widebody, I wanted something with a little more deeper growl or base sound. I heard that the chargers owners liked the Vibrant 1794 mufflers with a little deeper growl, but not quite as loud as the Dynomax mini bullets. And I also wanted quad tips on the rear as well.

Since the factory tips are only 7” long, and the shortest quad tips I could find, that I liked were 9” long min., I would need to remove or replace the rear resonators to install them. Otherwise they would stick out about 1 1/2” farther than the stock. So, the mini bullets have a 3”o.d. on the exit side, and the quad tips I ordered had 3” I.d. On the inlet side, I decided why not? And they are 3” shorter than the factory resonators.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi landoawd,

I know It sounds dumb foundedly simple. But when they first installed them (look closely at the first pic) you can see that they did a yin’s tall them like option C. I drove it that way for a few days before I realized what they had done. It sounded a little strangled, and slightly limited on power. I had them cut the reducers out and reinstalled properly.

A few days later I had them install the rear resonators (Dynomax mini bullet racing mufflers) and the new quad tips. They are still breaking in, but they have an awesome overall sound to the exhaust note now.

The cold start pop is very intimidating and then you hear the deep growling sound at idle. When you first start driving, it is aggressive and a good bit louder than stock with a little drone around 2k rpm for the initial getting up to speed, but when you start cruising no drone, it is amazingly quite. Then, when you get on it, nothing but ear to ear grinning! Every inch a Muscle car sound.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a 16 SP Shaker before (that car was totaled in an accident last year) that had the Dynomax mini bullets in place of the mid mufflers, and left the rear resonators inplace. It was a little louder than stock cruising, a lot louder WOT. It did have a little bit a of drone around 2k at very light throttle. And the sound felt like it was coming from underneath the car mostly.

However, on my 19 SP Widebody, with this exhaust setup I have now, the sound feels like it is coming from the back of the car or trunk area. Which I think is better.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Any sound clips? I've had a pair of Vibrant 1794 and Dynomax 24250 mini bullets sitting in my basement for awhile. Still figuring out what tips I want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey I currently have a mid muffler delete with stock resonators on my 2018 Dodge Challenger RT and I really like this setup. I like how loud the car is however it is raspy (Because of the Mid muffler delete). I'm debating on either keeping the mid muffler delete and replacing the stock resonators with the Mini Bullets or going with this setup (Vibrant mid mufflers with Mini Bullet resonators). Any opinions on which one would be louder? Again I like the sound of the mid muffler delete just not a fan of it being so raspy at WOT.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello. I was interested in doing the same set up as putting vibrant 1794 in the mid muffler and mini bullets in the rear. How did it sound ? Was it loud and deep. I was going to do this soon but you were the only one who done something like i want to do. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, for those asking about my exhaust setup, with Vibrant 1794 mid mufflers location and mini bullets as resonators ( I also installed 3-1/2” quad tips at the same time).

Once I installed the mini bullets in place of the rear resonators, it got REALLY loud on initial startup, and got very load when I put the hammer down.

I got concerned about my neighbors in the morning, because it was about 20% louder than just mini bullets in the middle and stock resonators out back, like I had on my previous 16 Scat Pack Shaker model.

Being able to cruise at light to partial throttle without attracting to much of the wrong attention my way was getting a bit difficult. So I had not had them on but a few weeks before I changed out the mini bullets and 3-1/2” quad tips for Vibrant mini mufflers and 4” quad tips instead.

Now it has a deeper base sound, but not as loud. It lost the raspy sound in favor of a deeper base sound. I still miss the stock exhaust sound, just wanted it a little louder and quad tips. So, I may go back to just having the mid mufflers replaced and factory rear resonators and stock tips. Just have to have a factory rear exhaust somewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh ok. I just got my mid muffler replaced with the vibrant 1794. It sound better and louder. Now i wanted to change the rear ones. But not sure what set up to go. Want to make it a deeper tone and much louder. What do you recommend ? Do you recommend putting vibrant 1794 in the rear or get something different like magnaflow muffler or borla ? I just want to have the most deepest tone possible and the loudest it can be with the deep tone. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to bother. Which one do you think sounded the best in the rear. Dynomax 1794 or mini bullet ? Want to make it the loudest possible with deepest tone possible. Not sure if i should put one of these two or something different in the rear. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts
Get the muffler shop to fabricate some J-Pipes to replace the resonators, all sound, no drone ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
341 Posts
Sorry to bother. Which one do you think sounded the best in the rear. Dynomax 1794 or mini bullet ? Want to make it the loudest possible with deepest tone possible. Not sure if i should put one of these two or something different in the rear. Thank you.
Do a search there are tons of threads on this to help you with your decision.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts