Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been toying with the idea of exhaust cut outs or a muffler delete and straight pipe my 2018 challenger RT plus 5.7 6 speed. I do have the active exhaust when sport is activated, I would like to keep that feature. Will deleting the mid muffler A ) kick any lights on the dash? B) lose back pressure?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I’ve been toying with the idea of exhaust cut outs or a muffler delete and straight pipe my 2018 challenger RT plus 5.7 6 speed. I do have the active exhaust when sport is activated, I would like to keep that feature. Will deleting the mid muffler A ) kick any lights on the dash? B) lose back pressure?
A) no, the downstream O2 sensor sticking out of each catalytic converter is the last monitored component in the exhaust system. Keep your changes confined to the rear section of exhaust after that point and you should not set off anyCELs.

B) no? Maybe yes? I honestly don’t know the answer here, but it’s not really something you should be concerned about anyway. The exhaust pipe diameter pre-catalytic converter and the converters themselves will not be changing, right? Leaving those alone and any X/H pipe joins in place should go a long way toward making sure the original back pressure specs, if there are any, remain satisfied.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No just want to remove the mid cat/ muffler and replace with 3”straight pipes to the original resonators at the ass of the car. So you are say as long as I remove after O2 sensor I wouldn’t kick any lights? Or lose back pressure?

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
i am not aware of anyone having those problems from that mod, no

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,916 Posts
A) no, the downstream O2 sensor sticking out of each catalytic converter is the last monitored component in the exhaust system. Keep your changes confined to the rear section of exhaust after that point and you should not set off anyCELs.
The Active exhaust valves :) But if left on the exhaust, should cause no issues. If now will need simulators or have them tuned out

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts