Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 challenger RT with the mopar CAI, 5.7 exhaust and predator tuner. i also removed my mufflers for some more noise how ever ive herd this can loose power due to back pressure or gain power because its more free flowing does anyone know what it really does? thankyou!

·
Registered
298 Posts
there are some good threads on this in here, do a search. You will be okay, shouldnt lose power. Have the reso delete on mine and I am happy of course I hadded some 44super flows and love it. Had a magnaflow catback on my 6.1 charger and was happy too, but when I gained 4rwhp on the dyno with the catback, was not really worth the $1,000.00 I spent for that, I started maybe thinking the SRT crew knows what they are talking about when they said the stock exhaust flowed really good and a aftermarket exhaust would be minimum gains and more for a aggressive sound and maybe weight savings especially for auto's because those damm suitcase mufflers weigh a ton!

·
Registered
116 Posts
just removed suitecase muffler and resonators will be adding my cherry bombs extremes this weekend. Wow this thing is loud w/o that suitcase but its not a good sound definitly need to get a exhaust back on asap. i dont like the mushy sound with out a muffler on.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've already lost a good deal of my hearing from shooting thousands of rounds of 44 magnum. I have replaced two flowmster systems due to drone that gave me migraines.I saw a photo of a cutaway suitcase and a resonator taken by none other than Blastin Bob himself. Each side of the suitcase has a very restrictive three pass system, whereas the resonator is some what free flowing S with 2.5" in andf 2.5" out. The inner perforated tubing measured 2.75".I replaced the suitcase with two magnaflow 14" mufflers and left the resonators intact.My Challenger is stealthy quiet.My baseline run at HMP was [email protected] mph. Since I've added the mufflers. 180* stat and a predator tune.My times have improved to [email protected] and a followup [email protected], That is almost a .6 improvement and more than 3mph in 1/8th. The gearing in autos is really not suitable for the 1/8th, my car shifts into third at 75mph, My 60 ft's are horrible running 2.3xsand a best of 2.23. Sunday on my first run I beat a Subaru Sti by a full second.Two weeks ago I beat a 2011 392 with a poor driver by according to my slip. 2.88 seconds with a mediocre run of 9.1

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Jamaya, I used the 44s also, with glass packs in the back. Like the sound myself. Lets the SC flow. Since you installed your SC the 44s seemed to change in sound to me, deeper growll,, did you notice in yours ?
I did get rid of the cats, replaced with pipe. Gained 3 ths ET by removal when I was NA motor. Good gain. We dont have testing here.
FT

·
Registered
688 Posts
From what I understand, you will lose some low end torque, but you will gain it back on the high end.

·
Registered
298 Posts
oh yeah, the exhaust tone is way louder, very noticable. I wish I could get rid of the cats, but out here in Cali, the law is brutal. So it looks liek quite a bit of people got the reso delete on here.
Jamaya, I used the 44s also, with glass packs in the back. Like the sound myself. Lets the SC flow. Since you installed your SC the 44s seemed to change in sound to me, deeper growll,, did you notice in yours ?
I did get rid of the cats, replaced with pipe. Gained 3 ths ET by removal when I was NA motor. Good gain. We dont have testing here.
FT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts