Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So went to what I thought was a reputable muffler shop today. High reviews online they specialize in custom exhaust work. I have a 2016 Dodge Challenger SRT. I wanted a mid muffler delete with the Vibrant 1794s installed. I got an online quote from them a week prior stating what I wanted. Showed up today to get the work done. It took 4hrs to install. I paid then drove the car to my house about 8 min down the road. I notice heavy exhaust smell when I got out. Looked under the car to still see mid mufflers. Was like shit looked to the rear resonators still intact. Looked forward and these idiots removed the catalytic converters and installed the vibrants in their place. I immediately called and complained and have to drop it back off tomorrow so they can reverse they're F up. Is this going to be a major issue on my engine and has anyone ever experienced this kind of incompetence? At no time did I ever bring up catalytic converter...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Id make sure they dont put hollow cats back in. Thats not a very good muffler shop if they dont know difference between cat and midmuffler. Id make them buy new cats and find a new shop that does better work. Surprised it didnt give a cat inefficiency code.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow. Dumb is an understatement. Sorry about your luck.

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
Yeah don't think we've heard that one before, plenty of resonators deleted instead of mufflers but never cats!

I guess it's best these days to have them put the car on the lift then go underneath and point out to them exactly what you want done or removed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,594 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. Make sure that they make it right.

I found a photo of another vehicle in their shop getting muffler work done.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I would demand NEW OEM mid pipes with cats from a dealer or turn them in for removing cats on a car illegally which would get them a $10k fine!
I hope you have a receipt and took pics.
How did your check engine light not come on?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
140 Posts
Wow, I would demand they put everything back stock, refund your money, and take your business elsewhere. That's just unacceptable. I'd have a serious talk with the owner as well.

·
Registered
13,961 Posts
OEM front pipe section with cats, $550 left side / $543 right side. Cheaper than I thought.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
What did they do with teh 02 sensors? Just let them hang lose? No engine light?? In my experience, mufflers shops have NO idea what parts are called. Almost have to point to what you want replaced!

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scatpack
25 Posts
Dammit man.. We have a excellent muffler shop in town, he lifts the car up and lets you get under the car with him and give a full description of what you need or want. He has been there about 26 years.. I will have to tell him about your experienced muffler man. I have had numerous hot rods and custom cars done by him and have always drove away happy. I am sorry you had to experience this.. But I can relate to this, many years ago I had one done in another town on a 67 Ford rod I had, and it fell off on the drive home .

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I only have one plural for this “MORANS” ...might wanna ask if they’re descendants of the 3 stooges

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow, just wow.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,152 Posts
You put the banana in the tailpipe...and then you have no stink. Seriously that is messed up. How did DTCs not show up with cats gone? Whatever they did should be shared to the guys running headers and no cats.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,784 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts