Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
What did they do with teh 02 sensors? Just let them hang lose? No engine light?? In my experience, mufflers shops have NO idea what parts are called. Almost have to point to what you want replaced!
8 minute drive home. Not enough time or drive cycles to trip light. It will come on eventually.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I 2nd what Frank stated.
You need to demand OEM pipes w/ cats put back in, not have them attempt to replace the cats on pipes that would now have been cut on twice and rewelded 3 times...
Thats cluster is going to mess up the pipes in several ways and certainly will not look factory (untouched) which could be an issue with any state visual inspection/emissions or resale/trade of the car back to a dealership, many of whom will not touch a car thats had any exhaust work done. I also wouldnt trust them to put back in the exact cats they took out of your exact car to begin with, probably grab whatever "fits" from the pile getting sold to scrap.
Its their F$%%^ up, car needs to be put back to previous OEM condition from a legal standpoint. I would accept nothing less.
PS: next time, take a few minutes and confirm work done (and done right) - before you drive away from any shop thats touched your car. A lesson Ive learned the hard way as well.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I...I can't even...how the hell does someone who works in an exhaust shop confuse a cat for a mid-muffler??? ESPECIALLY WHEN THE CAT IS ATTACHED TO THE SHORTY HEADERS?

It was probably a new guy who did it, and he probably shouldn't have a job in an exhaust shop.

Sorry you had to deal with this man. But at least now I feel a little better about the hack welding job that was done to my exhaust before I bought the car, everything was put in its right place at least ?

·
Premium Member
2012 Charger Pursuit
5,556 Posts
Last I saw was a post with the OP looking for some cats, and not the furry kind!
No wonder he balked when I told him I had some for sale!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts