Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Man, that definitely qualifies ! That 1970 is outrageous! Which one do you like better?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The 2013 is easier on the wallet, well that's a tough questions the T/A is a lot of fun to drive and is a head turner for sure the SRT8 is amazing, the power is incredible - so I would have to say 2013 SRT8 Core, but I will not part with the T/A it was my 1st car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
X2 1970 T/A have owned for 31 years and 2013 SRT8 Core so I guess I qualify

I have to ask. Which one do you like to drive more, if that's even possible to say?

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
I have to ask. Which one do you like to drive more, if that's even possible to say?
They are both great to drive I like my SRT8 6 spd - The T/A is an automatic with manual valve body so I am manual shifting, there is no comparison in ride and comfort the Core has 180 more HP than a stock 340 six-pack, I have spent a lot of money putting my T/A back to stock still not there. So if I had to choose which one to drive Sunday it would be the T/A

Reactions: teddyp

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
They are both great to drive I like my SRT8 6 spd - The T/A is an automatic with manual valve body so I am manual shifting, there is no comparison in ride and comfort the Core has 180 more HP than a stock 340 six-pack, I have spent a lot of money putting my T/A back to stock still not there. So if I had to choose which one to drive Sunday it would be the T/A

I wish I had your problem on a Sunday morning!! If I did, it would be between my current MOPAR or a '70 Plymouth Roadrunner 440 4 speed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So does your T/A "feel" faster than the new SRT8 even though the new one has 180 more horses?

·
Registered
4,564 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
109 Posts
:sleep:I know a multiple Challenger owner......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
74 360 Auto & 2010 Mopar'10

Would have been 3, but I sold my U-code '70 R/T 440 4sp (STP) a few years back (ran short on garage space)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Car #4501(2008) and 1970 PPG OSO

1st year Back...Stroked, Blown with all the Goodies Car 4501....2008. Was at the dealership waiting to
order at 7:30 am Dec of 2007!

1st Year Out....1970 Stroked, 5 Speed, Full Hotchkis Tuned, SSBC Power Disked.....and quite a few more
goodies Ex 318

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
...I have owned lots of Challengers and Cudas over the decades, I have sold 2 Challengeers (70 RT Lime convertible, 09 Tor Red SRT) in the last few months, but I still own 9

...70 Challenger T/A...Panther Pink, at
...70 Challenger T/A...Plum Crazy, 4-spd
...70 Challenger T/A...Alpine White, 4-spd, 15k mile survivor
...70 Challenger RT.....Black, 440 Six Pack, at
...71 Challenger RT.....Green Go, 340, at

...09 HURST Challenger SRT, Series 4, Number 2, Black/Gold, Supercharged 6-spd
...09 HURST Challenger RT, Series 3, Number 1, White/Gold, Supercharged 6-spd
...10 HURST Challenger SRT, "Competition Plus", Furious Fuchsia, Supercharged 6-spd
...13 Challenger SRT, Plum Crazy, 6-spd

....................................always loved Challengers

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
...I have owned lots of Challengers and Cudas over the decades, I have sold 2 Challengeers (70 RT Lime convertible, 09 Tor Red SRT) in the last few months, but I still own 9

...10 HURST Challenger SRT, "Competition Plus", Furious Fuchsia, Supercharged 6-spd

Now that's a collection!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Man that is awesome. Congratulations man for having such a great collection. If you have any pics that would be great. I would love to see all of these especially the '70 Challengers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts