Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car- 2013 R/T auto
mods- catch can, aem filter, charger intake, 180 stat, 87mm TB, diablo trinity.(not a DD)

I will soon be installing a procharger kit, about 95% sure it is the one for me.

questions

1-will the procharger setup/stock 5.7 endure spirited mountain road driving at high rpm well? ( this is were my car is "abused" the most)
2- can the supplied diablo tune be transferred to my trinity via a PC and installed with my trinity so i can reap all the benefits of the trinity?
3-how well will the procharger handle the hell like conditions in phoenix az under boost? how many seconds is "safe" at 110+outdoor temps under 5-8# of boost?
4-boost gauges... how to? I realize i have to get a power line and vacuum line through the fire wall. after that . what is the best power source to tap into? what does the vacuum line "tee" to? is there a "suction cup" mounting option for a single boost gauge? i realize it may look tacky, but i don't like the pillar, overhead, etc. aftermarket options we have for these cars...

i have researched most of these items but haven't came up with any good conclusions.. thx in advance for your help/advice/comments good or bad...

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
car- 2013 R/T auto
mods- catch can, aem filter, charger intake, 180 stat, 87mm TB, diablo trinity.(not a DD)

I will soon be installing a procharger kit, about 95% sure it is the one for me.

questions

1-will the procharger setup endure spirited mountain road driving at high rpm well? ( this is were my car is "abused" the most) Absolutely
2- can the supplied diablo tune be transferred to my trinity via a PC and installed with my trinity so i can reap all the benefits of the trinity? Sell the intune. Use your trinity.. Truthfully you can get a better tune from a qualified tuner.
3-how well will the procharger handle the hell like conditions in phoenix under boost? how many seconds is "safe" at 110+ temps under 5-8# of boost? Being in Florida With 98* temps with 100% humidity it does well. Reason being is the air to air FMIC. Most water to air units would not be as beneficial IMO..
4-boost gauges... how to? I realize i have to get a power line and vacuum line through the fire wall. after that . what is the best power source to tap into? what does the vacuum line "tee" to? the catch can exit? is there a "suction cup" mounting option for a single boost gauge? i realize it my look tacky, but i don't like the pillar, overhead, etc. aftermarket options we have for these cars... The rubber vacuum line and electrical sensor can go through the rubber grommet located under the mater cylinder. Cant help on the suction cup but hope the other info helped..

i have researched most of these items but haven't came up with any good conclusions.. thx in advance for your help/advice/comments good or bad...
See in red :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1fst4dr, thx for the responce.. do you know if i can upload the procharger tune from the intune to my pc, then download that tune to my trinity ,then install tune in car w/ trinity???

also do you know where the vacuum line attaches/tees to??? and where is the easiest/best wire/key on source to gain power for the gauge??? thx!

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
1fst4dr, thx for the responce.. do you know if i can upload the procharger tune from the intune to my pc, then download that tune to my trinity ,then install tune in car w/ trinity??? The tune needs to be configured by the tuner to the tool.. So no you wouldn't be able to do it.

also do you know where the vacuum line attaches/tees to??? and where is the easiest/best wire/key on source to gain power for the gauge??? thx!
The Procharger kit comes with great intructions But usually it will be 'tee'd on the vacuum line going to the brake booster. as for the guage there are numerous locations lots depend on where you mount it. Cig lighter, pillar to name a couple spots..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx again... I realize a custom tune is the way to go, but if i install the provided procharger tune in the intune, can i unplug the intune, plug in my trinity and still monitor, data-log, etc...??? also i downloaded/ read through the procharger instructions, and i don't recall any boost gauge fitment as it is not required...read that it needs to be attached after throttle body..not sure where there is/possible for a connection for that...

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
thx again... I realize a custom tune is the way to go, but if i install the provided procharger tune in the intune, can i unplug the intune, plug in my trinity and still monitor, data-log, etc...??? also i downloaded/ read through the procharger instructions, and i don't recall any boost gauge fitment as it is not required...read that it needs to be attached after throttle body..not sure where there is/possible for a connection for that...
You would use the same source as they want you to attach the blow of valve. I should have been more specific.

As for the tuner. No the tune has to be written for the trinity to be used with the trinity. You cant jump from one type of tool to another...

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
If you are going to aggressively drive in the twisties at high rpms make sure you upgrade the power steering fluid and look at possibly adding a cooler. The added torque of the supercharger can quickly heat up the fluid and fry your pump. I speak from experience. I now use Redline but Royal Purple also sells fluid that others say works well.

If you go with a custom tune, make sure your tuner allows for the environment that you will be driving in. Yes, you can get more power from a custom tune but keep in mind that the off-the-shelf tunes leave a lot of safe headroom, especially in the extreme conditions like where you live. A good tuner can get you a bit more umph while still maintaining safe margins of error if he allows for the Arizona heat. Get too "greedy" and KABLOOEY!

Reactions: shanedogg

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you are going to aggressively drive in the twisties at high rpms make sure you upgrade the power steering fluid and look at possibly adding a cooler. The added torque of the supercharger can quickly heat up the fluid and fry your pump. I speak from experience. I now use Redline but Royal Purple also sells fluid that others say works well.

If you go with a custom tune, make sure your tuner allows for the environment that you will be driving in. Yes, you can get more power from a custom tune but keep in mind that the off-the-shelf tunes leave a lot of safe headroom, especially in the extreme conditions like where you live. A good tuner can get you a bit more umph while still maintaining safe margins of error if he allows for the Arizona heat. Get too "greedy" and KABLOOEY!
did you install a new oem pump with redline fluid and a cooler, or just the new pump and new redline fluid??? where is the best place to find redline power steering fluid? are we talking overall hp/tq gain wrecking your pump, or stress from the new serpentine system???

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
did you install a new oem pump with redline fluid and a cooler, or just the new pump and new redline fluid??? where is the best place to find redline power steering fluid? are we talking overall hp/tq gain wrecking your pump, or stress from the new serpentine system???
I did a new pump and the fluid. The cooler was on order at the time. I now have it and will install before going to the road track. You can get one from SpeedLogix. It was the added torque hitting the pump during the turns that heats up the fluid. A fluid upgrade is a good idea even without the supercharger if you're going to road race, auto cross, etc. I bought my fluid from Jegs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did a new pump and the fluid. The cooler was on order at the time. I now have it and will install before going to the road track. You can get one from SpeedLogix. It was the added torque hitting the pump during the turns that heats up the fluid. A fluid upgrade is a good idea even without the supercharger if you're going to road race, auto cross, etc. I bought my fluid from Jegs.

Phil if you could post some install/installed pics please...want to do this myself, but don't know the location the power steering cooler will be mounted...wont be an issue for you due to your vortech inter-cooler sitting on top of engine, but that pro charger inter-cooler i plan on installing will take a lot of room in the front...

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
I can do that when I get to installing it. The cooler I have will sit on top of the support posts for the front bumper cover. My car is lowered so there is no room underneath. If yours is stock height you might find some room underneath but I think it'll still be tight.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where we at in the process Phill ??? any more suggestions from the CT members?? getting close to pulling the trigger on a FI system....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts