Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autoweek (Dec. 23, 2013 issue) is reporting that prices for classic muscle cars, like COPO Camaros, LS6 Chevelles and Hemi Mopars, are starting to recover after the big price correction of five years ago.

While these type of cars have not regained their astronomical pre-correction prices, middle-market cars such as K-code Mustangs and AAR 'Cudas have gotten stronger.

The big test will be prices bid for the high-end muscle cars at the upcoming Barrett-Jackson (Jan. 18) and Mecum auctions (following week).

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Barrett has some AMAZING Deals...

...If you don't care if the car is not "numbers matching," or a tribute car. I've seen Tribute Chevelles go for $18K. I've seen restmods...(what I prefer) go for $24K....I'm talking immaculate rides with modern suspension, brakes and motor.

·
Registered
959 Posts
The hemi and 440 six pack cars will hold value as they are mostly low production number cars to begin with. My suspicion is that most of the guys who had money before the crash and just wanted a toy from their youth but who weren't really serious car guys have gotten out and won't be back. So for me the test is how do really well restored but relatively high production number cars like let's say 69 383 Roadrunners hold up. It's not cheap to do these cars correctly so if folks are letting them go for mid 20's or less they are taking a beating in most cases.

BJ tends to be the top of the line stuff. I haven't been for a couple of years may go back this year.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts