Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I have a problem with my hard drive but I want to see if anyone else is experiencing this. I've loaded at least 100 CDs and downloaded them into my hard drive the manual way. Nothing special like using an Ipod or anything like that. At the end of every song...the music gets garbled for a second and then plays fine for the last 3-4 seconds of the song. This happens at the end of every song. When I bought my Challenger 1 1/2 years ago, I downloaded the latest version for MyGig.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I'm not having that issue but my hard drive will not recognize some songs...that it has played before. Just got it back from dealer and there is no new up date late.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
much easier to load songs from an mp3 player, or a memory stick, plus you don't have to worry about the cd being read by the player. Sounds like the cd player is out of alignment somewhere.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
much easier to load songs from an mp3 player, or a memory stick, plus you don't have to worry about the cd being read by the player. Sounds like the cd player is out of alignment somewhere.
It might be easier to use mp3 or memory stick...but I'm not familiar with any of them. I'm not really interested in using them either. The CD player works great. When I play a CD in the player, it has no problem what-so-ever with playing the end of the songs correctly. Nothing is garbled. It's funny but it is only on the music that I have downloaded to the hard-drive. Every song at the end is garbled for a second and it's like that with the same amount of time left to go at the end of every song....about 5 seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,091 Posts
No garbled sound on mine which is an 09. I did load the mp3s from USB stick though and have 2.402 version of firmware. The only issues I noticed with the older versions of firmware was how the songs were sorted.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
how do you delete a single song loaded to the hard drive? I loaded them with a memory stick, found a few duplicates i need to delete.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can I interject?

I have a weird Hard Drive issue. I dont recall this before, but now it is bugging me. I have a playlist, call it "a", that is on when I start the car. If I change to different playlists b or c, etc. and play different songs on the hard drive, the memory does not stay there. When I shut down and restart, it goes back to the the playlist "a" again to the last song that was playing before I switched it....?? ideas? I am losing my mind on this.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't know what's going on with my Stereo. I have the "RER" model 2010 w/NAV and my problem is when I load all my music on to the hard drive from any method (I use my memory stick the most) that all of the music shows up in alphabetical order. This not just the artist list but all of the songs on an album (CD) don't show up in the order that they were in on the CD, they show up A-to-Z per album. I looked in the manual and there is a button that shows A-Z and says toggle this button to switch beteween the two ways of sorting the music. Well I went out to my radio and on the page they show the button there is a place for it but nothing on it. I went to the dealer and they up-loaded the latest software and it still didn't fix the problem. They sent me home with some BS about not all of the models having the same features. I don't buy this. Anybody else experience this and have a fix?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
It loads all of mine in A-Z also, sure would like to rearrange them into folders so i could have different playlists and songs grouped by type, instead of listening to 300 songs played alphabetically.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine does this as well. My fix was to create folders on the flash drive. At least I can break it down into playlists before I put it on the RER system. It still has them A-Z but it is smaller and based on my folders that indirectly become playlists. It does have a choice to play ALL songs, but I dont have to. This helps the 300 plus lists you mention....I still need to know about the memory issue. It never did that before. I may reflush and reload and see. I wish they had an Apple app to just flash my IPOD to the hardrive and carry all the lists in Apple format. I have forced myself to Apple through years of resisting. I dont want to have to carry it with me all the time. Someday, I will just get an Iphone and use that all the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts