Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Anyway I had to register so i could share this story with you all:pokeowned: Was at the track last night, looking to bust into the deep 12's, anyway this punk kid comes up to me and starts trash talking my car and challengers in general. And you guessed it....mustang driver :crbaby: he had to be about 17-18 years old, dressed up like a little punk with a stupid SWAG shirt. Says he has a Mustang GT500 that can kick my cars ass and that challengers are slow POS that handle like boats, are way too heavy, and have truck interiors...classic mustang driving hater. He was eager to race and I wanted to squash this kid like a bug. So we lined up and went for it. Got him in the hole shot, and he was looking at my taillights the rest of the way as the HEMI sang a sweet victory song. Pulled a 12.4 @ 111 mph to his 12.9 @ 109. Needless to say he didn't come talk to me after the race. VICTORY FOR CHALLENGERS EVERYWHERE!!1!!!!:pokeowned::rice::wiggle::wiggle::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Nice man!! Saw in your sig that you've got 315s on the rear. What kinda tires and I'm guessing you're running the automatic as well with a nice 12.4 run ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
2,476 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thats awesome man...yeah kids have no respect these days.....man i love that i have an R/T and that I don't see a bunch of them all over the road like Mustang's and Camaro's!!!

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. Anyway I had to register so i could share this story with you all:pokeowned: Was at the track last night, looking to bust into the deep 12's, anyway this punk kid comes up to me and starts trash talking my car and challengers in general. And you guessed it....mustang driver :crbaby: he had to be about 17-18 years old, dressed up like a little punk with a stupid SWAG shirt. Says he has a Mustang GT500 that can kick my cars ass and that challengers are slow POS that handle like boats, are way too heavy, and have truck interiors...classic mustang driving hater. He was eager to race and I wanted to squash this kid like a bug. So we lined up and went for it. Got him in the hole shot, and he was looking at my taillights the rest of the way as the HEMI sang a sweet victory song. Pulled a 12.4 @ 111 mph to his 12.9 @ 109. Needless to say he didn't come talk to me after the race. VICTORY FOR CHALLENGERS EVERYWHERE!!1!!!!:pokeowned::rice::wiggle::wiggle::lol::lol:

Great job... I get a lot of that too from the Ft. Hood guys at my track. They were in the low 13s last night as the DA sucked. There is a ton of 5.0s, a few Boss's and they are not a problem but then I'm an auto. Shelby's on street tires are easy too. Great job rowing the gears.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
congrats...sounds more like a driver victory though.
given evenly skilled drivers I would bet on a stock GT500 against a stock challenger in a 1/4 mile run.

·
Premium Member
9,200 Posts
Welcome to the forum, great story and great way to row the gears.
Me if in the right mood (most of the time) would have searched out the weasel and asked what happened to your supposedly faster car and your awesome driving skills?
Relish the victory!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
congrats...sounds more like a driver victory though.
given evenly skilled drivers I would bet on a stock GT500 against a stock challenger in a 1/4 mile run.
Car is not stock see mod list in sig

·
Registered
107 Posts
So did he race you with the GT500 or something else? If so and you beat the GT500 he must can not shift/drive..because my buddy has modded 392 challenger and a Shelby Smoked him.. I mean literally it looked like he was driving in reverse.. Congrats though

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice win and good beat down, but I wouldn't say all Mustang guys are haters or morons. I find Camaro and GM owners in general to much more abrasive. Hell I've owned 3 Mustangs and absolutely love my Challenger, the last thing I would do is run around and talk a bunch of shit. For the most part I think you can attribute his nonsense to being 17 years old and being a young punk.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
The punk may be on this forum by some of the post I see! I like everything about your Post!Glad to have you join us!

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Which are some of the "posts you've seen" elaborate please?
I was more referring to the guy saying the Challenger is slow,and handles like boat.talks bad about the interior.
I see a lot of this here.
But I will have to say,anytime someone talks about out running a Mustang,a dozen people jump in to say it's not so,or start making excuses for the Mustang.
But I wasn't referring to you.
I was painting with a broader brush
I hope to see more from the Op though,and other drag race post!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was more referring to the guy saying the Challenger is slow,and handles like boat.talks bad about the interior.
I see a lot of this here.
But I will have to say,anytime someone talks about out running a Mustang,a dozen people jump in to say it's not so,or start making excuses for the Mustang.
But I wasn't referring to you.
I was painting with a broader brush
I hope to see more from the Op though,and other drag race post!
:cheers: Yeah because I love the challenger and mustang. The challengers interior isn't bad to me, especially if you go with the red nappa leather. I'm debating now on trading my charger in for a rt challenger, 15 mustang gt when available or infiniti Q50 lol I'm confused :confused:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts