Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dyno session scheduled for 5pm today on a Dynojet (???/???)..to compare the cam swap with my Mustang Dyno results (366rwhp/378rwtq) I will post up the results up here for those interested in seeing the difference in the two different dynos...of course temp, dyno operator, etc. will differ but it's just for fun.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay...well not the results I was expecting from a DynoJet.

10/04/13 Mustang Dyno:
Temp: 94.6 Pressure: 28.72Hg Humidity: 38% SAE: 1.10

[email protected] [email protected]

03/14/14 Dyno Jet Dyno:
Temp: 83.01 Pressure: 28.14Hg Humidity: 20% SAE: 1.06

[email protected] [email protected]

So the general idea is that the dyno jet makes about 10-15% more than the Mustang dyno and I made less on all runs. Anybody have any ideas?? I'm really wondering why so much less torque...today I made 20 less rwtq than STOCK..

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
simple dynos are for tuning and adjusting The track tells you how good everything is working together. Plus those numbers are higher then stock I think you are confused between crank HP that Dodge advertises and RWHP that you see on dynos

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
simple dynos are for tuning and adjusting The track tells you how good everything is working together. Plus those numbers are higher then stock I think you are confused between crank HP that Dodge advertises and RWHP that you see on dynos
I know the difference between crank and rw, I'm just trying to figure out why I made so much less tq on a dyno jet vs mustang dyno. Maybe the operator of the dynos? IDK

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Could just be the Dynojet was calibrated to be very conservative?

Also the air pressure is a tick lower on the Dynojet run, which will probably reduce engine output by some degree (I say "probably" because it's really 3 parameters, including air pressure, that decide if you are getting good air or bad air that day). Air pressure below 29 mmHg is usually hinting a bad air day to me. Air temps above 75 deg F are definitely working against you.

Degree of heatsoak is also a big wildcard, that isn't typically documented on a dyno run. If you running around a while, then parked, then tested, you're probably starting from a heatsoak condition (stagnant air in the intake system hitting 130+ deg, ignition dialed-back and fuel on the rich side, since start-up). Possibly you were heavily heatsoaked on the Dynojet run, but all-clear on the Mustang run?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts