Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I want to take my car for some dyno pulls on a dynojet. I already did one dyno run on a mustang dyno bone stock and my car made 337hp and 343Ib-ft. At first I was extremely disappointed until I knew about the lower numbers Mustang dynos produce. So how much is that equivalent to dynojet numbers since everyone is posting dynojet numbers? Also, does it make sense to have higher tq than hp on stock SRT8s?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Mustang Dynes are more accurate due to it being a true "loading" dyne. We use something called an eddy current brake that loads the car and simulates like it is going down the track (road and wind resistance). Dynojet numbers are almost always higher due to it being an ineritia dyne. I work for Mustang and if you guys have any questions PM me and I will give you my email address.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here was an interesting blog post by Edumnds.com's InsideLine comparing dyno numbers. 3 different dynos on the same day with nearly identical conditions and all around sea level. They did a SuperFlow Eddy-Current Dyno (similar to the Mustang Dyno), Dynojet, and Dynapack. Pretty good comparison of how they relate to each other and why their numbers are so different.

1997 Mazda MX-5 Miata: Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit Meets Three Dynos

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will probably do some runs on mustang dyno as well as dynojet in the next month and will see the difference myself. I care about this issue because most rwhp numbers posted on the web are based on dynojet which makes it hard to compare my car with other SRT8s with similar setups. I just want to know that my car is not falling behind.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The best option is to always use the same dyno. That way as you mod your ride you will get the best results on the changes you made. It doesnt matter if it a Mustang Dyno or a Dyno Jet. Just stick with the same one

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Mustang dynos typically will read about 8-10% lower than a dynojet. Of course it's not a scientifically proven method to calculate your rwhp on a dynojet. But what ever number you get on a mustang dyno, divide it by .92-.90 (since it reads about 8-10% lower). This should give you an idea of where you'd dyno at on a dynojet.
My R/T with a 93oct tune, mbrp catback, and a drop in filter made 335rwhp on a mustang dyno, nice to see my car was pretty cost to a stock SRT8 at the time.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the responses, guess I'll just continue making runs on mustang dyne, the 8-10% difference makes sense too.

Mustang dynos typically will read about 8-10% lower than a dynojet. Of course it's not a scientifically proven method to calculate your rwhp on a dynojet. But what ever number you get on a mustang dyno, divide it by .92-.90 (since it reads about 8-10% lower). This should give you an idea of where you'd dyno at on a dynojet.
My R/T with a 93oct tune, mbrp catback, and a drop in filter made 335rwhp on a mustang dyno, nice to see my car was pretty cost to a stock SRT8 at the time.
chris: I will put the mbrp cat back on my car this weekend, any idea how much hp and tq it added to your car? Along with the mbrp, my car has CAI, catch can and 91 oct predator tune - I'm using Mobil 93oct though. I wish I could hit 360hp on the wheel!

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Not sure how much of a gain there was with the MBRP. That was my 1st time ever straping my car down to a dyno, so I never even had a baseline number for it. I can tell you this though, with only the MBRP catback & DRs, my R/T ran a 12.83 with only a 1.94 60'. I've always believed the MBRP helped my car out a good bit, but there was just no way to prove it. Let us know how your SRT8 does after installing the MBRP. Your gonna love it!

BTW what was the weather like during your dyno pulls? And what is your elevation?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi every one i get impressive numbers on my 09 challenger srt8 M6 on Mustang dyno , i get 413 rwhp 408 rwtq with ARH, Zoomers , Airaide , 180 stat , tune.;)

This is the video :

1 - 11 of 11 Posts