Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been slowly upgrading my 2018 R/T Plus. It's a STP car with an M6 that was fairly loaded when I got it but it still wasn't exactly the way I wanted it. My mods have been small and mostly OEM. As of today I have added:

Window tint: 15% back, 20% doors (professionally installed)
OEM R/T Classic side stripes (professionally installed)
Scat Pack/SRT front chin spoiler (professionally installed)
MOPAR cold air intake
Speedlogix catch can with S bracket

I ordered the chin spoiler, MOPAR CAI, and a set of "345 Hemi" engine half covers from Steve White Motors. The parts were delivered to my door in perfect shape in less than a week (I even placed the order online on a Saturday). I will have to return the half covers since they won't fit on a 2018 5.7 with the changes Dodge has made to the lines etc. going over the intake manifold. I checked my photo library and It's actually different than my '13 5.7 was.

The chin spoiler, CAI, and catch can were all installed this weekend. I had the spoiler professionally installed at my dealership. Zero modifications had to be made to it or the car to get it to fit perfectly. They removed the front bumper to do the install and had it finished in about 2 1/2 hours with one guy doing the work.

Future mods are to include Mickey Thompson Street Comp SC-5 wheels with wider tires (once the factory tires wear out). Long term mods may include a Cirvini shaker setup and a supercharger with some improved suspension and brakes.

Here are some pics of how the car looked when I bought it and how it looks as of today.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Looks outstanding Professor. I have NO idea why dealerships don't just offer tinting there.
Congrats on both counts!!! (baby)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks outstanding Professor. I have NO idea why dealerships don't just offer tinting there.
Congrats on both counts!!! (baby)
Thanks! The dealerships here pretty much tint all their cars right when they hit the lots. Most just have their vendors tint them onsite.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are a few shots I took today that show off the lip spoiler better. Please excuse the crosswalk reflection.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Here are a few shots I took today that show off the lip spoiler better. Please excuse the crosswalk reflection.

Did you do something to your wheels since new? They look darker (I think)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you do something to your wheels since new? They look darker (I think)
No, there are the original finish. There are two versions of this wheel with one being a more polished finish and the darker (mine) finish that was originally a STP exclusive wheel when they were first released in 2015.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Great work, lookin' strong!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
No, there are the original finish. There are two versions of this wheel with one being a more polished finish and the darker (mine) finish that was originally a STP exclusive wheel when they were first released in 2015.
I know, love those wheels! The angle or something made the wheels appear more flat black than I remember.

How's Mama doing??? Any news??????

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts