Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys new to the old car thing seeing as im only 18 but i pulled my challenger out of a basement back in the fall. and now looking to buy some parts...mainly they put a RT hood on the car but didn't have the DODGE for emblem for it among other things what are some good websites to find specific items like that. Ebay only has so much and i cant really find the emblems im needing in yearone catalogs or w/e. Anyone have a clue where i should be looking other then junkyards lol thanks

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
On old school Challenger is very cool, but very expensive when it comes to restoration parts. You have to keep a keen eye out and grab stuff when you can or go to the aftermarket suppliers.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I am not aware of any difference between the 1970-1 and 1972-4 "DODGE" hood letters. See Year One has part number VC742 for a set of reproduction DODGE letters for $66, which may be best available. Jim's Auto shows 66-74 "DODGE" letters with all years being the same, but Jim's no longer sells a complete set and wants a whopping $32 per letter x 5 = $160 for a set of "DODGE" hood letters.

Don't believe they have the hood letters, but another good site to check that is usually less expensive than YearOne or Jim's Auto is:

Restoration Performance Center - Your source for classic car restoration parts and performance parts!

In any case, you should pick up a copy of the Feb 2011 issue of "Mopar Muscle" magazine, as they have a big cover article on the best Mopar salvage yards nationwide. Stephens Performance is probably at the top of the list. See thumbnails showing cover of Mopar Muscle, Jim's letters and Year One letters.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sup guys back again lol. could anyone enlighten me to where i could find the windshield chrome molding :S or w.e tried shifting there year 1 catalogs but getting nowhere fast thanks again

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Stephens Performance is probably the biggest Mopar salvage yard. There are plenty of other yards as well, but this is the only one I've dealt with personally:

Stephens Performance
Phone: 256-247-1332
9321 Highway 207.
Anderson AL 35610

·
Registered
466 Posts
synlol, check and make sure if the 71's should have the "Dodge" letters on the hood. I don't think so (even though you will see some restored this way) because it should have a "Dodge" emblem within the driver's side front grille loop, and it's unlikely they would put "Dodge" on 2 different places on the front.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
synlol, check and make sure if the 71's should have the "Dodge" letters on the hood. I don't think so (even though you will see some restored this way) because it should have a "Dodge" emblem within the driver's side front grille loop, and it's unlikely they would put "Dodge" on 2 different places on the front.
Good catch! The 71's did not have Dodge letters on the hood. See thumbnails from 1971 ad & brochure.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol to late :p. but my hood already had the holes cut for the emblems and i don't like the blackout decal so i guess all good thanks for the catch tho would have been sweet a month ago

·
Registered
67 Posts
Sup guys back again lol. could anyone enlighten me to where i could find the windshield chrome molding :S or w.e tried shifting there year 1 catalogs but getting nowhere fast thanks again
i restored my 71 chally 3 years ago ... and to be honest ... Those websites that are strictly for selling classic parts is your LAST option ...

ebay and craigslist should be your first stop ... take some time... alot of those sites that sell parts are REALLY overpriced....

if you need any help finding stuff send me a PM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts