Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone,

I have installed a Mopar CAI, 180 T-Stat, Kook's long tube headers & high flow cats, a Corsa Extreme Cat Back Exhaust and have a Custom Diablo Tune on my 2009 Challenger SRT8. When the O2 and Cat Monitors set, I have 420/430 codes even with anti-foulers installed on the rear cat sensors. I have tried everything I can to pass the smog but cannot unless all monitors set (except 1) and have no codes and no CEL. I am at wits end. George Kook Jr. tells me I should be able to pass with this configuration, but I am starting to seriously wonder if I made a mistake leaving my stock exhaust.....It has been 3 months now, and I've had 3 different people tune my Challenger.....to no avail! This evolution has been hell on earth...PLEASE HELP.....ANYBODY!

ejl1970:scratchhead::notallthere:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I dont know the laws in nevada, but you have a very nice exhaust set up that I wish I can run here in california, you wouldnt even pass the visual with your long tubes headers here, lol. good luck with your car, hopefully somebody on here can help you out. I will ask my buddy about this tomorrow he owns a test only smog center out here in California.

also if you dont mind me asking, you have a 09' car which is still pretty new, here in cali no smog on new cars until after 4 years, then every 2 after that, is it every 2 years period in Nevada?

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Most folks don't have luck with the anti-foulers. Also, the tune primarily just shuts off the O2 sensors. When they do a test, they pick that up. The easiest way to pass is to put the stocker stuff on and make sure the O2's are on and you may need to drive the car in different conditions for as much as 150 miles to allow the system to reset itself, pass your inspection, then go back to what you want. Either that or figure out where the racers pace inspections...

Dozens and dozens of threads here about the same thing. Good luck.

HemiSam

HemiSam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HemiSam,
It is after 2 years in Nevada, then every year after...Thanks for the compliment on the exhaust. I'll probably have to pull it off though at least temporarily.
ejl1970

1 - 4 of 4 Posts