Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked and looked and looked before I decided what I was going to buy. I test drove Camaros, Mustangs, Genesis Coupes, R/T Challengers and everything else I could, but nothing compared to the SRT8 392!

I am very much in love with my new car. It is a 2012 that I picked up used with just over 1,000 miles on the odometer. The previous owner was the owner of O'Fallon Motorsports in St. Louis. He drove it for a couple of months and then traded it in for a new Viper.

I couldn't be happier with the purchase. I was even OK with settling for the automatic transmission because I got an insane deal over at Royal Gate Dodge in St. Louis.

Here are some pics, tell me what you think!

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
Looking ready to rock!

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
6.4 L Engine Cover? how is that possible? Charger or Jeep engine covers? why? otherwise this is indeed a sweet jewel u got there....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
6.4 L Engine Cover? how is that possible? Charger or Jeep engine covers? why? otherwise this is indeed a sweet jewel u got there....
I'm not sure how those got on there. I asked over in the SRT8 section and one member said that there were a few in 2012 that came with the 6.4L engine covers due to a mix up in the assembly plant. The ones with 6.4L were meant for the Canadian market, but some of the US version cars got them as well.

The car is all stock and I verified with SRT that the VIN checks out. The dealer knows the former owner and gave me the whole background of the car and the guy who had it never did a thing to it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger SRT8
1,467 Posts
I'm not sure how those got on there. I asked over in the SRT8 section and one member said that there were a few in 2012 that came with the 6.4L engine covers due to a mix up in the assembly plant. The ones with 6.4L were meant for the Canadian market, but some of the US version cars got them as well.

The car is all stock and I verified with SRT that the VIN checks out. The dealer knows the former owner and gave me the whole background of the car and the guy who had it never did a thing to it.
indeed, read the other thread; this is a car that was "confused" between Canada and the US; different metric system....

·
Registered
630 Posts
Great looking car. Congrats.

Nice Deuce, too. I miss mine.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks like my car's twin except for the wheels and stripes.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum from KC

·
Registered
498 Posts
Congrats! That paint job almost looks matte red in the hood shot. I normally don't car for red cars, but I'd drive one like that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Great pictures for a great car ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Awesome looking ride, I think you luck out with the cool valve covers...you got the mother load...

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
that car is beautiful, I came close to buying that color.. might have if I couldn't have gotten PCP.

love the overall look, I wouldn't change a thing about it. enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That's one lovely car, congrats!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Congrats 6.4 engine cover?

6.4 Engine Cover? how is that possible? Charger or Jeep engine covers? why? otherwise this is indeed a sweet jewel u got there....
I traded my 2010 6.1 challenger srt8 for a new 2013 superbee charger 6.4 392:) My engine covers say 392 along with the fender emblems.But all the other chargers other then the super bee srt's say 6.4 whats up with that?

P.S. I love your new challenger congrats:) That color rocks..I would'nt worry about it being automatic,you still have paddle shifters.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts