Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far...

1) R/T Classic Stripes in Matte Black (subtle against the Granite Crystal Metallic)

2) Challenger Script fender emblems (replaced the "new" looking 100th emblems... going RETRO theme here)

2) "Challenger R/T" Matte Black spoiler overlay

3) Chrome Taillight Surround

4) Challenger Script Door Sill Decals

Attachments

Reactions: KennyLives

·
Registered
251 Posts
Inside --

1) PVC piping in Camel to match the stitching on the 100th Anniv seats

2) Custom Challenger Script Dash Badge

3) Blacked Out Start Button

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Productive day. More to come...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Sweet ride!! Great idea on the piping. I have matte black graphics on my granite crystal. Love the look of it.

What are you thinking of next?

Reactions: richie822

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nicely done. The 100th Anniv. edition might "just" be an appearance package, but it sure does feel special.

What did you use to paint the start button? Thinking of doing mine in red, a-la fighter jet, in a color to match the exterior / red 100 MPH mark.

Reactions: tm oneil

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet ride!! Great idea on the piping. I have matte black graphics on my granite crystal. Love the look of it.

What are you thinking of next?
Thanks for the kind words.

Next I will be doing the dash and console. Again, subtle and retro are the goals

Also waiting for my Diablo so I can disable the darn MDS

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nicely done. The 100th Anniv. edition might "just" be an appearance package, but it sure does feel special.

What did you use to paint the start button? Thinking of doing mine in red, a-la fighter jet, in a color to match the exterior / red 100 MPH mark.
Thanks. When I first started looking I wanted the Classic package. But I couldn't find one locally with the color and (limited) options I wanted at the price I was willing to pay. Then I found this one... which happened to have everything I wanted and was offered with $9K in incentives

My start button mod is a decal. Got it on eBay for $4, I don't recall if they had other colors, don't think so. But I like your idea to use red, that will definitely pop :redcap:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Nice ride, :icon_smile: where did you get the Challenger dash plate and door sills?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Console mod

Out with the plain-looking OEM piece... In with the retro wood grain look

Used 3M Dinoc Wood Grain Vinyl Wrap. I really like how it came out

I'll do the shifter boot later today if I can find the time

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks. Finished it up earlier today

Attachments

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gauge cluster is next

Maybe the radio surround too, I'm not sure

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the car in bright white..very nice car.. the interior with the leather seats are the best.I put on some red DUAL Side Mid Body Line Strobe Style Vinyl Graphic Decal Stripes..Bad A$$.I should have got the auto transmission w the better suspension,but the I love doing the burn-out for my friends

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Gauge cluster is next

Maybe the radio surround too, I'm not sure
Installed the new retro-looking gauge faces today. Came out pretty nice. The whole project took about 2 hours.

I bought the gauge faces from a vendor that claims that they snap into place. Well, 3 of the 4 did. The 4th one require some careful nips and tucks and some duct tape to hold it in place

Here are some photos or before (yawn) and after (cool :thumbsup: )

The last pic shows the shifter mod and the dash mod (bad light tho). I think they tie together well.

One or two more minor tweaks to the interior and I think I'm done.

Performance mods are waiting 'til I hit about 4K miles...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
wow that really looks cool, nice work

so which gauge had the issue of the 4?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the kind words. I prefer these to the stock gauges. The gas gauge was the PITA. the hole around the needle area was too small so I had to do some slicing and dicing and use some duct tape to hold it in position. I think it is on there good now.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
really looks good, wish I had the guts to just start taking stuff apart inside like you have done. I have done overlays on my silverado but for some reason this challenger interior intimidates me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
really looks good, wish I had the guts to just start taking stuff apart inside like you have done. I have done overlays on my silverado but for some reason this challenger interior intimidates me.
it comes apart easily. i was surprised, i thought it would be more involved, but everything is held in place by screws and/or tabs. only needed a phillips and a torx. there are a couple of good write-ups on this mod here on the forum.

Reactions: Craig 0801
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.