Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,342 Posts
Congrats on the new arrival.

Has it begun to get drizzly in Southern Oregon - up here in Portland, its started.

Looks like you have the houndstooth (cloth) interior?

·
Premium Member
9,344 Posts
Congratulations, must be one of the first 2018’s here. Enjoy rowing the gears, in my world it’s the best way

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I don't care what you guys think, but I love it.
What's not to love, beautiful car. Congrats. I'm partial to the lack of stripes... :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the new arrival.

Has it begun to get drizzly in Southern Oregon - up here in Portland, its started.

Looks like you have the houndstooth (cloth) interior?
It's not cloth, it has the leather interior group. I'm In St. Helens, 30 minutes north of Portland, on the Columbia River. I'm was raining hard for a little bit, today.

·
Registered
9,350 Posts
Congrats. Nothing more exciting than taking delivery of a Challenger, especially with your name on the window sticker.

Enjoy your new beast! :)

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Sadly, no techs to prep it until Monday. I told them I wanted to see it exactly the way it came off the truck, I didn't even want it washed. It was filthy.

lol

The keys aren't programmed to the car until they reach their shipping destination. I found that interesting. Had to use the actual key to unlock the door, and the button on the dash to open the trunk.

I found the orange engine block to be one of the fun things about the car.

·
Super Moderator
15,342 Posts
Sadly, no techs to prep it until Monday. I told them I wanted to see it exactly the way it came off the truck, I didn't even want it washed. It was filthy.

lol

The keys aren't programmed to the car until they reach their shipping destination. I found that interesting. Had to use the actual key to unlock the door, and the button on the dash to open the trunk.

I found the orange engine block to be one of the fun things about the car.
There's a fuse that is in the "shipping mode" that the dealer changes position as part of the dealer prep.

I had you confused with another member
- you must have got yours from the St Helens Auto Center (combo CDJR / Ford shop) - I can see from the shots.
-two weekends ago of the clubs had their annual show there - I participated in the show.

From your interior shots, its looks like the bezels are the dark brush finish vs. the hectic mesh (hexagons & dots) bezels - then again, year to year the trims change around.

Congrats again - you'll want to get a skip-shift dongle. You'll find the 1>2 shift can trigger the shift to 4th at low speeds / moderate throttle. The dongle plugs inline to the harness to stop it from forcing the skip-shift.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
lol, I thought it may be a little plain for some of you.

Congrats!!! Super car. Truly, awesome color. Of course it is plain.......they just prepped it. Now the tinting, catch can and think about vinyl. The vinyl is optional. Hahaha. No white takes vinyl real well. Or no vinyl, up to you. That's what makes this so much fun. IF you vinyl the whole thing.......it peals right off. Keep us updated. You will have a ton of fun with that stick!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Picked mine up on Friday, had the winter set put on as well 2018 R/T 392 SP Shaker, full load, pitch black and dynamics pkg

Wow, Congratulations!!! Sounds like a super car. Have fun.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There's a fuse that is in the "shipping mode" that the dealer changes position as part of the dealer prep.

I had you confused with another member
- you must have got yours from the St Helens Auto Center (combo CDJR / Ford shop) - I can see from the shots.
-two weekends ago of the clubs had their annual show there - I participated in the show.

From your interior shots, its looks like the bezels are the dark brush finish vs. the hectic mesh (hexagons & dots) bezels - then again, year to year the trims change around.

Congrats again - you'll want to get a skip-shift dongle. You'll find the 1>2 shift can trigger the shift to 4th at low speeds / moderate throttle. The dongle plugs inline to the harness to stop it from forcing the skip-shift.

I was at that car show too. Some nice cars showed up. The bezels are hectic mesh, I think some of he details are hard to see in the pic.

I plan on doing the skip shift and clutch delay mods immediately.
Interesting about the fuse and the shipping mode.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,803 Posts
Congratulations :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats!!! ( FINALLY!! ) on the new ride.... My T/A 392 is finally in transit... and yes, its an M6 ( ETA to the dealer between 10/3 and 10/9, last they checked it was in Missouri. go figure, car is built about 400 miles from my home in upstate NY, now its over 1K miles away ) Like you, cant wait to join the crowd... its been a bumpy ride up till now.. looking for smooth sailing once it arrives...

My Dealer had a white knuckle T/A 392 ( A8 ) on the lot, he let me take it for a ride... took a few hours for the smile to disappear!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts