Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2020 Challenger 50th has the black roof and trunk lid. Can some one elaborate in detail how to car for these areas. My truck had a minor stain and I sprayed with water and wiped it off. Then I got what looks like a scratch mark but it's on top of the surface. I tried a few things and all made worse except WD 40 which seemed to remove it. If the location comes back I make make the dealer rewrap. Please comment with care instructions.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
This is what is normally included on satin paint/wrap cars..

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's one of the things I was worried about if I were to get a 50th car. Since I almost always use a commercial car wash anymore and don't have a garage, it sounds like its not a good idea. IDK about the car wash though as the brushes are mainly on the sides of the car.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Just use a generic ammonia free window cleaner. This is what the wrapping shops use and what they recommended to me. It's cheap and works well. I have used on it on my R/T that I wrapped and on my new T/A.

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
Since I almost always use a commercial car wash anymore and don't have a garage...
Then don't get a T/A or anything with satin graphics, these finishes are super sensitive and high maintenance.

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,163 Posts
This is what is normally included on satin paint/wrap cars..

You’re not suggesting to RTFM.....are you? :LOL:

Reactions: hemi1031

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,163 Posts
Reactions: hemi1031 and Slidd

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Here's what Dodge recommended in 2014

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Scat Pack; 2018 SXT
50 Posts
Is it a wrap or paint? When I was looking at the TA models back in ~2018 the Dodge site mentioned this as "wrapped" and when I saw it in-person, it sure was a wrap. By the time I was ready to place an order in 2019, the Dodge site changed this to "paint". So have they actually changed it from a wrap to an actual paint job?

If it's a vinyl wrap, I used to use a general vinyl cleaner on my old Camaro 1LE which had a hood wrap from the factory and I had no issues doing that for 4+ years. The only thing I made sure I didn't do to it was to put wax on it (to maintain the matte finish).

·
Registered
14,391 Posts
T/A hood is painted, everything else a vinyl.

2020 Anniversary car is the same.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,891 Posts
To save myself, (and the paint/wrap) I cover it all in Xpel Stealth to keep it in perfect shape without worrying how to clean it. The "stealth" because it's for flat finishes. Yes, it will cost some coin but compare that to refinishing those surfaces and the mental anguish of keeping it nice, then it becomes perfectly logical and cheap! I did my T/A like this and the paint on the hood was in perfect condition and the wrap on the roof and trunk lid never got scratched either.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
My 50th did not have any care instructions in the owner's packet. My dealer left the packet unopened in the trunk for me to unwrap. It was all sealed up and had a factory label with the car's VIN on it. I was also short the nav manual.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts