Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Wide Body
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s nothing I seriously want to do to the darn car but I am still looking! How do I break this trend.

I got it a week ago and tinted the windows, mid muffler delete, oil catch can, weather tech mats and I’m still looking to do more.... why? It’s perfect?! How do I resist the urge to splurge?!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,650 Posts
Think of women who have 8 red belts, it's like that...except manly! Yeah, that's the ticket!

A Guy

·
Registered
567 Posts
There’s nothing I seriously want to do to the darn car but I am still looking! How do I break this trend.

I got it a week ago and tinted the windows, mid muffler delete, oil catch can, weather tech mats and I’m still looking to do more.... why? It’s perfect?! How do I resist the urge to splurge?!
Lmao i literally did the exact samething.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,345 Posts
... How do I resist the urge to splurge?!
Simple - get rid of the vehicle. Now, luckily for you, I just happen to be in the position to help you out with that while also providing you with a replacement that will require you to splurge just to make it a daily driver again.

Pick a town halfway in the middle between Dallas and your location, and give me a time and date. I'll meet you there to take your car off your hands and hand over my 2012 Pursuit Charger, aka The Bacon Hauler.

She's got 200K miles on her and leaves a lot to be desired in the creature comforts, but she's been well maintained and still has cold A/C. It's a perfect platform for you to being modding, and modding and modding...

This might not sound like a good deal for you, but it is, I assure you!

You could spend $5K modding that fancy new Challenger of yours, and you'd be stuck with a car barely faster than it was when you started. And don't get me started on how that would affect the resale value. You'd have to remove everything you did to it or risk getting less than it books for when trying to sell to a 3rd party.

You take that same $5K and spend it on The Bacon Hauler, and not only would you have a car quite a bit faster than when you started with it, but it would likely be worth 2 or 3 times what it books for in 3rd party resale value!

I tell you what, I'm feeling magnanimous - I won't even require you to meet me halfway to do this deal. You just send me your address and leave the keys to the Challenger on top of the left rear tire, and I'll drive The Bacon Hauler to where ever you are and leave it in place of the Challenger so you can jump right in it and go to work in the morning.

Deal? Deal!!

Thanks,
Nuke

P.S. You'll want to go ahead and take care of any outstanding traffic warrants now as once you start driving a former cop car, the current cops will be stopping you on a regular basis. You won't have to do anything wrong, but they prefer if you do. Otherwise they are forced to concoct a reason to pull you over and run your license.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
795 Posts
Good luck, I bought my car with a CAI, catback, and aftermarket speakers/amp/head unit already and remember telling myself oh wow I don't have to mod anything. 2 years later I now have a blower, cam, headers, more audio stuff etc. Literally just installed the blower on Friday and I'm already thinking about upping the boost. The forums aren't a good influence on my wallet.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
The forums aren't a good influence on my wallet.
Ain’t that the truth.

What’s the old saying about Las Vegas, “Come here on vacation, leave on probation?

This forum‘s mantra should be something like, “Log in thinking your car needs no more stuff, log out thinking ‘holy crap’ what I‘ve done so far ain’t nearly enough!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,650 Posts
Hold on!

Log out??

A Guy

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
You now need a Speedlogix Strut Bar under the hood. And some Billet Tech bling.

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
You now need a Speedlogix Strut Bar under the hood. And some Billet Tech bling. View attachment 1002268
Real or fake.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an original jumper post cover on the B+ bolt next to the PDC?

That can’t be real, all the OE ones are long gone by now, right?

That has to be an aftermarket replacement, right??

It’s so strange seeing one in the wild, I heard the last OE one anyone knew of still in service was lost when the car it was on caught fire during a freak 4th of July fireworks mishap.

Seems like the Smithsonian would want that piece for their collection, have you considered donating it to a museum so our children and our children’s children can see one for themselves?

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
196 Posts
View attachment 1002295

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an original jumper post cover on the B+ bolt next to the PDC?

It’s so strange seeing one in the wild, I heard the last OE one anyone knew of still in service was lost when the car it was on caught fire during a freak 4th of July fireworks mishap.

Seems like the Smithsonian would want that piece for their collection, have you considered donating it to a museum so our children and our children’s children can see one for themselves?
I already replaced my jumper cover on my 18 Challenger as I charge the battery every week because the car is only driven one day per week. It's easy to replace as you don't have to loosen the cable and it is not expensive. The part # is: 68188999AA.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
615 Posts
Happy modding!

·
Premium Member
7,345 Posts
I already replaced my jumper cover on my 18 Challenger as I charge the battery every week because the car is only driven one day per week. It's easy to replace as you don't have to loosen the cable and it is not expensive. The part # is: 68188999AA.
When I acquired my 2010 Challenger, that little plastic cover was already gone. I looked around and settled on a lid from a butane canister as the replacement (held in place and hinged by two zip ties):

·
Premium Member
3,903 Posts
View attachment 1002295

I have never replaced that red cover. Don't think I've ever touched it in any way. It's stock.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
795 Posts
My red cover disappeared last week during the supercharger install. Like literally disappeared I haven't found it anywhere since

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,650 Posts
I changed mine...well, only because I bought a new one to paint

A Guy ;)

Reactions: Delta Bravo
1 - 20 of 24 Posts