Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I'm sitting at 2700-ish miles - and I have nothing other than "feel" to back this up, but it seems like she's just getting faster, & faster!

I remember reading at some point (more than once) about 6.1's "waking up" around 10k.

How's yours? Anybody with some high 2011 mileage yet?

Discuss.

·
Registered
426 Posts
9,200 miles on mine. I think most of that is driver awareness and familiarity with the new car. We "learn" the vehicle during the breakin period. I just put Flowmasters on mine at 9,000, so it's a new learning curve for me again. This mf'er was fast at 200 miles and maybe even faster now with the FM'ers. The WOW factor is the Challey's biggest draw. Looks are over the top.

U.F.O.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
ive had cars before that seemed faster around 10,000 miles

my Challenger seems slower since im used to the power now...i could handle more now....when i first starting flooring it it seemed it was all i could do to keep it straight...now flooring it feels slow and easy to control.....i went 3 weeks w/o driving it a few weeks ago...it seemed faster again

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
In the last SRT engineer chat session over at LX forums, they said that you will see power increases through 4,000 miles-ish. If you followed the Hemi Highway tour, their dyno numbers seemingly went up each stop (there are videos at Red Letter Dodge). I don't think it is your imagination. I have already noticed an improvement at 1,000 miles on my 392. Granted, that is based on my butt dyno...

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I have 5300 miles on mine now. I won't be able to drive her at all for a month, and she was at Hennessey. I had to pick her up before they were done; she'll go back later.

We swapped wheels and tires on my wife's modded '05 SRT-4, and the contrast put me back in the "swap to refresh" mode for both cars. The 392 is so fast, and so powerful, she is a true beast. The SRT-4 is almost as fast in a straight line, but SO much sharper on manuevering, that they are just bada$$, both. Each in her own way. Makes for some fantastic happy driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts