Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was supposed to be, with a ship date of tomorrow, 7 Jan. Blue, all options. Presently drive a Superformance 427 Cobra replica, over 140K on it, but have decided i need to go back to my roots. Back in '69, after having a TR4 then an MGB, when i graduated from Nebraska, going to Germany as a new 2nd LT, ordered a green/white stripe Charger R/T, with the 440, only option was console and power steering. Paid $3275. Hemi was a $770 option, by the way. Drove it 33K miles in Germany, top speed was probably about 120 or so, but over about 100 felt like it would fly off the road, and it would not make one complete stop from that speed. Ran quartermaster gas at 18c a gallon. At full throttle, you could watch the gas gage drop. Sold to a SGT who wrecked it. So, many years later, and after many other performance cars, i have decided to re-live my younger years, and hopefull in a couple of weeks, will be driving my second Dodge.

I am really looking forward to it. If you go to the Rolex 24 at the end of the month, look for me in the Grassroots Motorsports corrall.

All the best....

Hal Copple

·
Registered
302 Posts
Congrats buddy enjoy it!

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Congrats, Hope they're on time. That description of your charger sounds alot like my 70 Challenger. At 110MPH the front wheels would lift off the gound and you could turn the steering wheel without moving the cars directions.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Congrats Hal, where are you located now? Only asking since you graduated from Nebraska, Copple has a dealership nearby ....curious.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts