Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far this is my AFR 'Cuda conversion with a convertible top from Drop Top Customs. I'll post more later as I have to return to work...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Pretty sweet, I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
So far this is my AFR 'Cuda conversion with a convertible top from Drop Top Customs. I'll post more later as I have to return to work...
Thanks for those pictures. I hope you post one later with the top up. I'm just curious how that looks.

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's some more. I need to have some more professional ones done, huh?
IMG_0573_edited.jpg

IMG_0610_edited.jpg

Cuda at red barns.jpg

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ummm, dude, I love that interior look! I also love that exterior as well, but damn that interior! I hate to copy but I've been looking for a pistol grip like that for mine, mind sharing where u bought it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That top looks a lot better than some others I've seen. What fills the "rear window" area when the window is rolled up?
Drop Top Customs makes power rear seat windows that work just like the front windows. The switch is on the dash just to the left of the steering wheel. The top is also power with the switch right by the window switches.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ummm, dude, I love that interior look! I also love that exterior as well, but damn that interior! I hate to copy but I've been looking for a pistol grip like that for mine, mind sharing where u bought it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gunslingershifters.

·
Super Moderator
16,204 Posts
that's one of the nicest convertible conversions I've seen.

The top stack is small and top up keeps the overall look intact.

The white interior is great...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sweeet!!! ����

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What was done to strengthen the structure after the roof was removed?
The biggest structural enhancement is under the car and runs the entire length of the rocker panel from behind the front wheel to right in front of the rear wheel. There is a steel beam on both sides of the rocker and then what appears like a truss system under the car connecting them. They also do front and rear tower braces. I already had both, but they replaced my rear one with theirs.

The car is very stable and actually corners a lot better than it did before. When the top is down it corners fantastic as there is now a lot more weight under the car near the ground as opposed to the weight on top of the car. There is a little body flex with the top down, but no more than any other convertible I've driven except the Viper. Drop Top Customs is the best. It's an amazing build. OEM quality IMO.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
I think that they did a Great job on the conversion and it looks like it might have come from the factory! Great job!

The top fits nice and tight too.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That top looks great ! How long did it take them to do it?
Normally, total time is around 4 weeks, but it all depends on how many they are doing. I would say they were pretty quick, and they sent me pictures throughout.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts