Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
"It wasn’t until the Vietnam-era baby boomers began buying cars in the early nineties that tastes significantly changed. Remembering with great nostalgia the beloved high-impact colored muscle cars of their childhood, this so-called “Generation X” began demanding stand out hues and performance drivetrains again."
I'm confused. I'm smack dead in the center of the boomers and I bought my first car in 1974, my brother just two years older bought 2 high impact Cudas when they were new cars. Generation X is a whole different animal. Color me confused.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
I'm confused. I'm smack dead in the center of the boomers and I bought my first car in 1974, my brother just two years older bought 2 high impact Cudas when they were new cars. Generation X is a whole different animal. Color me confused.
I agree, some confusion here since Gen Xers are the children of Baby Boomers.... I may have to go back and re-read it but I think there was some incorrect info or a typo.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts
Gen X will generally gravitate towards silver / gray / black colors. Every now a then maybe a dark blue.

They're a large proportion of the car buying population - look around in any parking lot and what do you see? gray paint tones...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I agree, some confusion here since Gen Xers are the children of Baby Boomers.... I may have to go back and re-read it but I think there was some incorrect info or a typo.
Typo fixed,. Thanks for pointing it out. ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Bright colors survived long after the muscle era. 1970s and early 80's econoboxes could be (and usually were) had in bright yellow, green, orange, etc. Look at this turd:

(They even bastardized the Super Bee graphic. Is nothing sacred?)

We tend to forget this, as there are few surviving examples. Even today, you're most likely to see a bright color on a Kia Soul or Chevy Spark. More "adult" vehicles are generally silver or gray, or champagne gold if someone's feeling frisky. Blame leasing.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
******** bump ********

1 - 12 of 12 Posts