Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
285/35R20 Bridgestone Potenza RE71R all around, on 20x9.5 SRT wheels. I'm not trying to upbadge my Scat Pack as an SRT. I needed the wheel width for these tires, these were for sale and I like how they look. I also used Mopar center caps instead of the SRT ones.

Initial driving impressions: These tires are noisy, as expected. An unsuspecting driver or passenger might think they're hearing a bad wheel bearing. To me, it's not bad. They aren't really broken in yet, but so far the car feels very planted and sure-footed. There is not much noticeable difference in the steering effort (compared to 245s or 275s). The grip so far is excellent.

I will post more on them when I try some autocross events.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts
Are these your daily driver tires, or autocross only? I hear their life is very short. A Guy

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
autocross is the main purpose, but they will see daily use and highway miles between events. As the season winds down in September and events become fewer and far between, I will switch back to my more street-friendly rubber.

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
Nice, I run Michelin pilot super sports in the same size (and same wheel)
Don't forget to recalibrate the speedometer to account for the shorter rolling diameter.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
You'll love the grip those tires have once you've broken them in. I'm running 285/35/19s on 19x10. Got a buddy that just test fit some 18x11s and we're gonna try going to 315 BFGs.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
love the Bridgestones, running 305/30r19's on all 4 corners....

cornering so hard in Bowling Green we were lifting the rears off the ground, not a good thing

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
since then JRI coil overs added and lots of help from JJ at Ultimate Performance.......

Luke>:)

ps, we will have a huge announcement today for the absolute best coil over system for our Challengers and Chargers

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
since then JRI coil overs added and lots of help from JJ at Ultimate Performance.......

ps, we will have a huge announcement today for the absolute best coil over system for our Challengers and Chargers
Can't wait to hear this! There's a couple of us in the market for some now.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
waiting for JRI and Ultimate Performance to make the press release today and then we will post to our site and on line

if your looking for inexpensive, this will not be for you, however if you want to play with the big boys, and have ton of suspension tuning help, it will be

these set ups for both drag racing and road/autox racing are the ultimate with custom valving and spring selection based on needs

Luke

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
ps, nearly every winner in USCA is on JRI coil overs......

guys like Bryan Johnson in is black Camaro, 2 events = 2 wins

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
love the Bridgestones, running 305/30r19's on all 4 corners....

cornering so hard in Bowling Green we were lifting the rears off the ground, not a good thing

Damn that is some serious grip. I'm not anywhere near that level of grip. I'm still on stock Scat Pack Bilsteins. I'm thinking these Potenzas will max out the capability of the stock suspension.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Damn that is some serious grip. I'm not anywhere near that level of grip. I'm still on stock Scat Pack Bilsteins. I'm thinking these Potenzas will max out the capability of the stock suspension.
They do because that's the point I'm at now. They need more camber too. Will be going with coilovers and adjustable control arms over the winter to try and help with that

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
we are on custom upper and lower front control arms, Razor Edges adjustable rears and tension arms, Hellcat bars front and rear and a whole bunch more stuff>:)
if my wife ever finds the bills, Im dead
Luke

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,064 Posts

Beefy! :thumbsup:

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
You'll love the grip those tires have once you've broken them in. I'm running 285/35/19s on 19x10. Got a buddy that just test fit some 18x11s and we're gonna try going to 315 BFGs.

Did you ever get the 18x11s running with those BFGs? I think i saw you running it at CAM challenge last year in Peru, IN. Do you remember what wheels they were?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Did you ever get the 18x11s running with those BFGs? I think i saw you running it at CAM challenge last year in Peru, IN. Do you remember what wheels they were?
Yes I did. I've got a set of 18x11 Forgestar F14s that I'm running with 315 Hoosiers on and I've also got a set of XXR 531 wheels that I'm running the BFGs on.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh that's awesome Forgestars are pretty reasonable as wheels go. I just got a set of the SRT wheels and I'm running PS4S, but they aren't quite good enough to compete in FS at an autocross, I get beat by about 2 seconds.

What kind of offsets fit with those? Did you have to do any modifications to the suspension to get them to fit?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Oh that's awesome Forgestars are pretty reasonable as wheels go. I just got a set of the SRT wheels and I'm running PS4S, but they aren't quite good enough to compete in FS at an autocross, I get beat by about 2 seconds.

What kind of offsets fit with those? Did you have to do any modifications to the suspension to get them to fit?
Yea tires make a huge difference and are the single biggest thing that can be done to the car to improve time. The Forgestars came as a 15mm offset and I have to run a 10mm spacer. Also I got the deep concave F14s not the super deep concave. No other mods were needed other than the spacers. You have the SRT knuckles I assume?

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts