Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, everyone I know this is only my second post but I think the time has come to lease a Scat Pack. My son’s out of college, so we don’t have that payment. Anyways, I’ve waited a long, long time, and now unfortunately they don’t offer B-5 Blue anymore and there are very few left (next to none). Sounds like the B5 is will only be offered on the Demon for 2018. However, I did find one B5 Blue Scat Pack (2016) in my area I am planning on leasing. It has the leather group,SPAG, the black hyper wheels, A8. But the one big thing is; it’s missing the Driver convenience group with the remote start, which is important since I live in Michigan. It would be nice to have remote start on those cold mornings. So my questions toyou experts are:
  • Can the dealer install a factory remote start? The dealer wants to put and aftermarket one in. I don’t want an aftermarket one, we put one on my son’s car and it was nothing but problems, one headache after another.
  • The vehicle does have the uconnect, can I start it with that even though it doesn’thave the remote start? Any down side to doing that with uconnect?
  • Any other down side to not have the driver convenience group, I know it wouldn’t have the cross car detection, but I think I can live without it, I think.
  • The dealer won’t give me lease prices over the phone, they say I have to go to the dealer to get that. I'm sure it’s probably a high pressure sales tactic, but none the less I don’t like it and I never heard that in my entire life of car buying, seems odd. What’s your take on that?
Thanks for your input!

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
Remote start and lane detection wouldn't be deal breakers for me. That's just my opinion, you will have to make up your own mind.

I have remote start in my 2015 Jeep Renegade and I have used it twice (in testing). I like the satisfaction of sitting in the car and starting it while I'm in it. The car warms quickly enough even on the coldest days.

The Jeep also has blind spot monitoring which I find annoying at times, especially when two lanes of traffic are turning together and it sounds off while muting the radio. I am glad that my Challenger doesn't have it or the remote start.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My two cents:

I love the remote start feature on my Scat Pack and use it pretty much everyday. Mostly I use it so I can hear the sweet sound of a cold start from outside the vehicle. The sound is heavenly. Also I live in Florida and it is nice to take the edge off the heat inside the car before I get inside.

The blind spot detection is nice too. These cars have pretty large blind spots, and it's nice to have that warning when navigating heavy traffic. You can certainly drive without it though. As far as the beeping, the blind spot detection has a triangle that lights up in the side mirror when it detects a car there and only beeps at you when your blinker is on in that direction. You can turn off the beeps in the vehicle settings if it annoys you though.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I own a 2016 Scat Pack that you are considering to lease. I don't have a Drivers Convenience package since it's not a need for me. IMO, if you set up the mirrors appropriately then the blind spots disappear.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys, I 'm headed down there tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get answer on the remote start from the salesguy finally, that might be the only show stopper. Well, and of course the cost, still haven't gotten that either. I don't know but this has been a different encounter from all of my dealership encounters................in the last 30 years.

Thanks again,

Snowdoggie

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took the 2 hour drive down to the dealer and as suspected I couldn't work things out with them. It had a couple of door chip in it, bummed about it, but not a deal breaker. So, after going back and fore with sales guy and some mysterious manager I never saw, we couldn't come to terms. So anyways it was something about 2016 leases not being as good as the 2017, which maybe true, I don't know. They wanted about a $100 more per month for the 2016 with less options than the 2017 with more options. Also, they said they dealership couldn't add the remote start, wasn't available, I was willing to pay extra the cost. I still don't get it, my wife's 2015 Charger purchase was so straight forward, and my Ram 1500 lease was super simple. All my other purchases from Ford dealers were also super easy too.

Anyways, if any of you know of any B5 Blue Scat Pack at dealership in the Detroit area, or the Midwest from that matter of fact, please let me know.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
...They wanted about a $100 more per month for the 2016 with less options than the 2017 with more options.
How is this possible? The 16 is MORE than the 17, and the 17 has more options? Are you sure you're comparing "apples to apples" as they say? Is there some amazing factory discount being given for the 2017s? I don't get it. Ha... how do they plan to ever get rid of the 16s then?

Scat Pack hunting: you're were looking to lease a new 2016 vehicle, right? And you wanted the following options: the leather group ,SPAG, the black hyper wheels, A8, and the driver's convenience group?

There are a number of 2016 B5 Blue Scat Packs available USED... online. I know that many dealerships will lease used cars that have been certified by the dealership. Would that be a possibility? Mind doing a fly and drive? I saw at least 10 nationwide with with less than 1k miles HERE.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
How is this possible? The 16 is MORE than the 17, and the 17 has more options? Are you sure you're comparing "apples to apples" as they say? Is there some amazing factory discount being given for the 2017s? I don't get it. Ha... how do they plan to ever get rid of the 16s then?

Scat Pack hunting: you're were looking to lease a new 2016 vehicle, right? And you wanted the following options: the leather group ,SPAG, the black hyper wheels, A8, and the driver's convenience group?

There are a number of 2016 B5 Blue Scat Packs available USED... online. I know that many dealerships will lease used cars that have been certified by the dealership. Would that be a possibility? Mind doing a fly and drive? I saw at least 10 nationwide with with less than 1k miles HERE.
Yep, believe it. For the 2016 B5 Blue Challenger the lease was $ 550/month ($45,170 MSRP), 2017 Yellow Jacket was $ 485 month, ($46,175 MSRP) both this dealer (see links), that I had to drive 2 hours to get those prices because they wouldn't tell me over the phone, a wasted Saturday. 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack in Monroe MI | For Sale | 2C3CDZFJ2GH263736 2017 Dodge Challenger R/T 392 in Monroe MI | For Sale | 2C3CDZFJ5HH599902 I know not quite a hundred $100, but later I called my previous salesmen at another dealership that I leased my 2016 RAM from, on a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack Billet Silver $ 46,475 MSRP, he pleasantly gave me a price of $ 449/month, over the phone, no hassles. All these were $ 3,000 down, 20,000 miles/year. So, I thought about it, and later told him to hold it (it's in transit), gave him the CC #. It doesn't have the SPAG, but it does have the Dynamic Package, leather group / heated seats, convenience group, SG II. So it looks like I'll be looking for that bumble bee strip to add later.

Thanks for the Car gurus idea, but I've been looking at that too. Even thinking about driving or flying. The first three I called said, "Oh is that's still on there we told them to take it off the site". Needless to say the cars were gone. A couple other had lease price high like the first dealership. I didn't get anything solid though, still a good idea, maybe I'll call on a few more that you pulled up that I didn't see before. Thanks for the suggestions, there are all good!

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Now I've got some questions. you listed a number of options: You said, "It doesn't have the SPAG, but it does have the Dynamic Package, leather group / heated seats, convenience group, SG II." What do each of these things provide?
Also, was that for a three year lease in Monroe? Curious as to the lease length.
I do know a little about the leather group. That gets you the ventilated seats if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't want to be without them here in Florida. Did you say 20k miles per year? Never heard of a lease allowing that many. Wow. There's another site in Texas that has some pretty impressive numbers: Carsoup.com Check it out. Wish you all the best, keep us posted on your progress.

Gary

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Now I've got some questions. you listed a number of options: You said, "It doesn't have the SPAG, but it does have the Dynamic Package, leather group / heated seats, convenience group, SG II." What do each of these things provide?
Also, was that for a three year lease in Monroe? Curious as to the lease length.
I do know a little about the leather group. That gets you the ventilated seats if I'm not mistaken. I wouldn't want to be without them here in Florida. Did you say 20k miles per year? Never heard of a lease allowing that many. Wow. There's another site in Texas that has some pretty impressive numbers: Carsoup.com Check it out. Wish you all the best, keep us posted on your progress.

Gary

See links above in an earlier post for what the options mean, it should take you to the car and you can get to the window sticker from there. 2 to 3 years doesn’t make a difference in the monthly payment, the two year is probably better because you won’t have to buy tires before you turn it in, (unless you smoke’em). 3 years with 20k miles equals60k miles, so you’d most likely have to buy tires when you turn it in. 20K miles isn’t unusual, it about $ 0.10/mile if you buy it upfront, if you go over before it’s totime to turn it back in, it’s anywhere between $0.20 to $ 0.25 cents amile. I travel about 30K miles a yearback n fore to work, I’ll used another vehicleto make up the difference, the Ram 1500 and Mustang GT will fill in that gap.

·
Registered
967 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1499059519.775308.jpg inwas looking into this for mine. Plug and play

I wouldn't lease anything tho. Buy it you'll love it.

Also as far as the 16 being more expensive than the 17... maybe it's Bc of dealer incentives

2016 Plum Crazy Purple RT Plus

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,880 Posts
B5 WILL be available for ALL 2018 Challengers, kind of late say Jan 2018. For me, color is the most important first choice. You might regret it later and shell out more money to scratch that itch!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
B5 WILL be available for ALL 2018 Challengers, kind of late say Jan 2018. For me, color is the most important first choice. You might regret it later and shell out more money to scratch that itch!

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a 2017 Scat Pack in Billet Silver. If the B5 Blue is coming back in late Jan, I couldn't wait that long for various reasons. The Scat Pack has every thing I wanted, except it's missing the SPAG, so I'll be looking into getting some stripes, I love the bumble bee stripe on the back. It also has the drivers convenience group, leather seat group, and........ the Dynamics Package. I know silver is quite common, but for some reason the Billet Silver really caught my eye.
It's a two year lease, which works out best for us in our situation, so in a couple a years it may a B5 Blue, but for right now I'm pretty damn happy every time I press that start button!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts