Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my girl home for about a week now and I'd like to give her a bath tomorrow. I'd like to get advice/input on products/methods. Washing, drying, waxing, tire/wheel treatment, etc.

I've never had a car that I cared enough to hand wash, so, suffice to say, I don't really no what I should be doing....:scratchhead:

·
Registered
448 Posts
2 Buckets, warm to hot water, soap, microfiber towels and a beer. Alternatively, 2 hot college aged women, bikinis, lawn chair, case of beer.

I like the alternative.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had my girl home for about a week now and I'd like to give her a bath tomorrow. I'd like to get advice/input on products/methods. Washing, drying, waxing, tire/wheel treatment, etc.

I've never had a car that I cared enough to hand wash, so, suffice to say, I don't really no what I should be doing....:scratchhead:
spend some time here, lots of good info
Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides

·
Registered
112 Posts
Congratulations ! The local car wash is not the right way to care for you care.

Consider this ad by Mothers

There are two key aspects to properly caring for a ride: products and technique. Technique is key since poor wash/dry methods can reduce the maximum shine potential. The problem is that one "bad" wash does not often cause very obvious (readily seen) issues but they will over time.

The post above gives videos at Autogeek. The techniques apply to most any brand.

·
Registered
526 Posts
2 Buckets, warm to hot water, soap, microfiber towels and a beer. Alternatively, 2 hot college aged women, bikinis, lawn chair, case of beer.

I like the alternative.
I for one will highly approve of your method,but outside of the dream will have to settle for a cold Molson which is not that bad either :thumbsup:
If yeah go to Eshine.ca they give some great washing tips.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Junkman's detailing technique.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Remember take it slow! That car will do anything you want when you are done bathing her;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts