Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't been on the forum in a long time and decided to stop back to check on SXT 0 to 60 times - And it seems like most folks are running low 6's or high 5's...

Over the years, since adding a Mopar CAI and a Solo MACH-XV-V6-CH Catback Exhaust, I've worked my way down from high 5's to mid to low 5 second runs in colder weather (30's F), running with 1/8th tank of gas or less...

Anyhow, my best run was a 5.2 second run back December of 2016, I've run 5.3's and 5.4's consistently under noted conditions.... I decided last November (2017) to try and capture a video of a 5.2 second run, but was only able to manage a 5.5 second run with a little bit of wheel slip which might have cost me a tenth of a second or so...

Has anyone else had any mid to low 5 second 0 to 60 runs?

Here's a youTube video of the 5.5 second run I did last November: https://youtu.be/YYn6HOHzKAE

Note: I just tested clicking the youTube link and it takes a long time for the video to come up, but it does eventually play.

Details:
- 2015 Dodge Challenger SXT with Super Trak Pak, Mopar Cold Air Intake, and Solo Performance MACH-XV-V6-CH Catback Exhaust.
- Sport Mode - ON
- Traction Control - OFF
- Transmission - Automatic mode (NOT auto-stick mode)
- 1/8 Tank of gas
- Air Temp 37 degrees F
- Brake-Launch at 1800 RPMs
- Flat Road
- Windows open for Solo Cat Back exhaust sound

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,075 Posts
That's darn quick. Fastest I ran was a 5.9, but it was 80°. I find if I power brake, I spin, so usually just mash it and release the brake around the same time. Never tried to find a cold day, low gas tank, etc. But doubt that would net me that low a time. A Guy

·
Registered
151 Posts
I've got 5.3 three times. All nearly sea level, SHORT warm up burn out and all cool days. I have not tried lowering the tire pressure for better initial grip. All were "Sport" on TC on. TC off results in more spin and lower times, A8 trans.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,075 Posts
But his is a V6 :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Mine was 5.08 0-60 mph naturally aspirated, very cool evening, I laid down some black marks, back over them and launched, dead hooked on a set of 220 wear rating nitto invo 245 tires. Didn't get drag radials til I supercharged. Best supercharged was 4.0 0-60 mph with drag radials 275's.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,197 Posts
https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoG-8rk50HoeiPpGI0ENXwUJA9lbNw

Those are the best 0-60 times I could get in my 2011 Challenger back when I had it. It had the 3.6L+A5+2.65, and it was running a customized 93 octane tune, a customized Injen air intake system, a Tranzformer transmission control module, and some other stuff I can't remember at the moment...so very far from bone stock IoW.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Skylab,
Do you have an R/T (5.7L) or an SXT?

I checked "Supertankerm60a3" profile for his post of 5.3 seconds and see he has an R/T 5.7L, as "A Guy" noticed...

In other news, I just placed an order for a 2018 Scat Pack in F8 green, with the "Dynamics Package" and the "Scat Pack Appearance" options (gotta have that Scat Pack stripe in the rear), I didn't feel I needed any other options... Hopefully I will take delivery by the end of August or early September....

Back when I bought my 2015 Challenger SXT, Dodge didn't offer a dark green so I went with Black. Back in 2005, I had bought an '06 Charger SE and wanted a dark green, but wasn't available, so I got Midnight Blue (which did look good)... I always had wanted a dark green - This year F8 green became and option...

I could have bought an R/T or Scat Pack or SRT when I bought my Challenger SXT (or a V8 back in 2005 when I bought my Charger SE), but I never allow myself to buy what I want, I always negotiate with myself down to buying the basic stuff....

But, I figured if I'm going to trade in my Challenger to get the F8 green, I should go for the Scat Pack 6.4L... I want it to be the "Mean Green Machine" like the Coronet 440 in Green that my dad had when I was growing up...

I'll miss my Challenger SXT, it's a great car, I still enjoy it's performance and especially that Solo Performance Cat Back exhaust - I get complements on the looks of my car and the exhaust sound all the time...

I've had people pull up next to me at lights and ask if it's a V8, tell me they like the exhaust sound... Little kids in my neighbor hood watch my car as I leave the neighborhood, I had a little girl (maybe 8yrs old) yell "Cool car dude" to me one day... One night I had a mom in a minivan pass by me and the kid in the back seat was hanging out the window staring at my car as they went by and kept looking back... Stuff like that's been going on for 3 years now - still get compliments, nods, etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
9.1 seconds....trying to let the A8 shift automatically in manual mode....doesn't. Tried today just 1 to 2 shift with sport mode off as was suggested. Nah, didn't shift that time either. Looks like there is no redline auto shifting with the 2017 A8. You have to shift yourself, or leave it in auto.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lostviking,
If you have the Super Track Pak, you should have paddle shifters - If you have them, you can engage paddle shifter mode when the trans is in full automatic mode - In paddle shifter mode it will automatically upshift if you don't upshift with the paddles, when you hit the redline - not sure if there's a difference in auto-upshift response times between paddle shifter mode, and just leaving it in full automatic mode... Also, I believe there's some sort of time limit once you activate the paddle shifter mode, where if you don't start accelerating or using the paddle shifters it will go back to full automatic mode.

·
Registered
218 Posts
SXT with super track pack. Here is a video with it doing 5.7

Are you running 93 octane? I do wonder if the stock 3.6 is pulling timing on 87. No doubt some engines are just better than others. There are outliers on both ends. I was a Suzuki dealer in the 80's and we could unbox 2 identical GSXR750's and one would be 3 mph faster than the other at a track like Daytona. That's a huge HP difference. Add in good tires, experience at launching, low DA, temps, etc and I don't doubt the car can do it. You should run a 1/4 mile at a strip on a nice cool night. If your car is that quick 0-60, it should have a stellar 1/4 too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mid grade fuel. The car runs fantastic. This is why I will not take it back to the dealer since they always flash the system. Last time they flashed my other car it was not the same.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,197 Posts
...I want it to be the "Mean Green Machine" like the Coronet 440 in Green that my dad had when I was growing up...
When I was in high school a good buddy's dad bought an old Coronet with the 440 in it that had been semi-restored back to very good condition (had the dark green paint too). He let my buddy take it out one Saturday, and I talked my buddy into letting me drive it for most of the night. Man, that thing had torque for days! Those old Coronets weren't all that easy on the eyes, but they made up for it in raw power for sure!

Now, don't even get me started on that funky 'W' standard transmission. Going from 2nd to 3rd was as odd as any standard I've ever driven!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
speedfrk,
I've only used 87 Octane in my SXT...

I've been wanting to take my SXT to Maple Grove (here in PA) and it on a cool fall night to see what kind of time I come up with - But, I've been waiting to go with a friend of mine (with his '16 Charger R/T), but we haven't managed to find the time...

Now, since I'm trading my SXT in on a 2018 F8 Scat Pack, that will hopefully arrive in August, I guess I will never find out what the SXT could do... Once the Scat Pack is broken in, I will definitely run it at Maple Grove.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nuke,

The front end and headlights made that car - looked super mean (hence the Mean Green Machine)...

I learned to drive with my dad in that car in 1984... The end of my senior year at high school, the Coronet 440 was what I took out on Friday nights - I'd come home after doing stupid stuff (donuts) in that car and when I came home, my dad would find his heavy steel toolbox in the trunk had rolled over and landed in some random place and that's when I got a "talking to" - I never seemed to remember to put the tool box back upright in the spot where he had left it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
No more SXT 0 to 60 runs for me, I picked up Scat Pack Friday...

Ah, so I won't be able to try and beat my previous "Best" SXT 0 to 60 time of 5.2 seconds... Hopefully that time holds for the fastest normally aspirated V6...

On Friday (7/6), I traded my SXT in for an 2018 F8 Green Scat Pack (w/ Dynamics Package)... I tired to order one from the factory, but when the dealer tried to place the order, Dodge had stopped taking 2018 model year orders and wouldn't take orders for the 2019's until the end of August since the factory closes for a couple of weeks in August...

I'll miss my SXT (w/ super track pack), it was a great car, fast and handled super well - and the Solo Performance exhaust sounded GREAT.

Anyhow, I managed to follow the break-in "rules" for the 6.4L - while putting 550 miles on the car since Friday... I did a non-aggressive acceleration 0 to 60 test with the Scat Pack after 500 miles and managed to do 5 seconds... I'll put some more miles on before trying a serious 0 to 60 run (should get low 4's)...

I installed the Mopar Black Fuel door and Bumble Bee Stripe this weekend... I found out the Mopar aftermarket bumble bee stripes aren't as thick in width as the factory installed decals and the back stripe doesn't go back as far on the body - but, it looks good (no install issues)...

2018 F8 Green Scat Pack Pics attached...

IMG_1818.JPG

FullLength.JPG

RearSection.JPG

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Fastest naturally aspirated 3.6 0-60mph 5.08 seconds

fastest supercharged 3.6 0-60 4.04

1 - 20 of 20 Posts