Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dealer (also the dealership owner with an 08 in F status) told me today that I went C status AHEAD of the dealer's 09 R/T, ordered just before mine on the first day. So today, I start the day finding out my final price ($37,280) and end the day in C status. Color me excited.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
This is freakin' awesome that so many people are popping over into C (and even D!) status! Sounds like they must have gotten all the kinks out of the production line with the '08 and are ready to ramp up for full production and head on '09 production sooner than initially projected.

Can't wait to talk to Bob tomorrow and find out if I am as lucky as you guys ;)

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
hmm...i wonder how your order went to C status before the one ahead of you? Nonetheless that is awesome news, keep us posted

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
My dealer (also the dealership owner with an 08 in F status) told me today that I went C status AHEAD of the dealer's 09 R/T, ordered just before mine on the first day. So today, I start the day finding out my final price ($37,280) and end the day in C status. Color me excited.
Wow you added alot of options!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Everything except the stripes, block heater, mygig/nav, Sirius, and sound I or II. I hope to trade or sell my BMW ragtop, which is paid off, and bring my total with tax to $28,000, finance for around $500/mo.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
that price sounds high if your not getting any of those options. i havent sat down and figured it up, but thats pricey lol.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
never mind, those options should add up lol. I just figured it up and it is $37,280. A completely loaded R/T is right at $40k, i would just get an SRT at that point. Thats incredible.

·
Registered
131 Posts
never mind, those options should add up lol. I just figured it up and it is $37,280. A completely loaded R/T is right at $40k, i would just get an SRT at that point. Thats incredible.
This kind of pisses me off. A loaded R/T is as much as an SRT8? I was under the impression that the R/T was going to be in Mustang GT territory as far as price went. $40k for an R/T though? That's more than I can afford right now. I suppose I'll just keep driving Mustangs.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
you can get an R/T cheaper than $40k. i was just adding up every possible option, and when you do that it comes up to about $40k. I seriously doubt anyone will get an R/T with every option, bc you would be better off with the SRT at that point.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Not if you do a Loaded SRT8. A fully loaded one will run almost 46 grand . Fully loaded R/T is only 39 grand. So 7 grand is a big difference. At least it is for me, plus I do not like any of the color choices for the SRT8 anyway.

7,359 Posts
I hear yah I had a feeling building the rt to my likeing would put me just shy of an SRT8 thats why I went srt8..

This kind of pisses me off. A loaded R/T is as much as an SRT8? I was under the impression that the R/T was going to be in Mustang GT territory as far as price went. $40k for an R/T though? That's more than I can afford right now. I suppose I'll just keep driving Mustangs.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Not if you do a Loaded SRT8. A fully loaded one will run almost 46 grand . Fully loaded R/T is only 39 grand. So 7 grand is a big difference. At least it is for me, plus I do not like any of the color choices for the SRT8 anyway.
That is true, but look at what the $7k brings you. Its really a great deal when you compare the 2.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Stopped into my dealer and checked my status and I have moved to C :) he is supposed to let me know when I go to D and get my VIN.

While talking with him he was looking through Dealer Connect and said he was reading something that there was a problem with pricing and it would be re-released again on Monday. Anyone else heard that?

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
he probably said that so he can up your price on monday lol. I havent heard anything about that until now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts