Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

Registered
Can I start from the beginning? Wow!!! You are lucky and know enough to find deals I only dream about. I actually had the opposite experience buying a nose from eBay. They sent me one and said it was out of stock and refunded my money 馃槀. I put leather seat covers in my Jeep Cherokee and they were a *****!!! I would have given up when lightning hit my car. I love what you are doing. I will keep reading.

Registered
  • Can I start from the beginning? Wow!!! You are lucky and know enough to find deals I only dream about. I would have quit after lightning fried my fuse box!!I a lot of respect!!! I actually had the opposite experience buying a nose from eBay. They sent me one and said it was out of stock and refunded my money 馃槀. I replaced my cloth with leather seat covers in my Jeep Cherokee and they were a *****!!! Can I say the attaching photos make them a little and hard to see. Also give more of a description if you are doing a lot of things that probably haven鈥檛 been done before so it would be nice to have some information on what you are doing and reference for people who may want to do something similar

Registered
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks.
The nose i bought is Duraflex circuit style. I like the extra openings at the bottom. Would not recommend it though. Took me a while to figure it out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #44
Ya not very good with pics and the forum. Better at working on the cars. Took forever to get video of running on here.

Registered
Discussion Starter #45
The lightning strike sucked. Had the donor up on the rollback(steel bed) and it started raining. Stepped away out of the rain and BAM looked like daylight for a second. Went thru the hood and hit the fuse box. My luck. Poor donor car went thru hell. Tree then lightning. Dodge tough takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Lol

Registered
Ya not very good with pics and the forum. Better at working on the cars. Took forever to get video of running on here.
I understand. I just replied me saying the same thing twice but I have never seen someone put a +15 rt in a -15 v6 so it鈥檚 definitely something pretty neat and would be nice to be well documented for people like me who are interested and maybe there are people out there who want to do it and you said there is little information. You literally just did it . Don鈥檛 be selfish 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter #47
I can understand that. Just when i was doing the majority of the swap i took pics just for me. Then my wife said i should join a forum and find like minded people to share it with. So the forum was an after thought. Had the pics already. Ive got the 440 in the garage and probably spring or summer ill post as i go instead of just loading all up at once so others can see how i do it

Registered
I can understand that. Just when i was doing the majority of the swap i took pics just for me. Then my wife said i should join a forum and find like minded people to share it with. So the forum was an after thought. Had the pics already. Ive got the 440 in the garage and probably spring or summer ill post as i go instead of just loading all up at once so others can see how i do it
That鈥檚 all we want. At least us wrench turners. So you are going to put in an old 440 in your car and probably cam it so it sounds mean even when it鈥檚 not running?! I love that idea but you gotta do something cool with the 5.7 because that is a respectable motor

Registered
  1. I鈥檓 sorry about the lightning strike. We all have difficulties in life that we must overcome. You were blessed with a gift and passion and knowledge of working on cars. And just as it seems like we should be done the good ones persevere.

Registered
Discussion Starter #50
Thank you. Wished i could paint as well as you do. Thats my weak point.
Ya im going to pit 440 in it with the current injection setup. The 5.7 is only to get the bugs worked out of rest of car. Will mate it to the 6 spd. Just going to drive the 5.7 for a little while, put the 274 cam in it and see how it does at the track. 440 will get a mild cam something with nice lope. Ill end up selling the 5.7 to recoup some $$ like i did with the v6.

Registered
Thank you. Wished i could paint as well as you do. Thats my weak point.
Ya im going to pit 440 in it with the current injection setup. The 5.7 is only to get the bugs worked out of rest of car. Will mate it to the 6 spd. Just going to drive the 5.7 for a little while, put the 274 cam in it and see how it does at the track. 440 will get a mild cam something with nice lope. Ill end up selling the 5.7 to recoup some $$ like i did with the v6.
Thank you but honestly painting to me is like taking a subframe out for you. Ya I can learn and start with easy sub frames learning from my mistakes but will my time be worth it? Although painting for me you learn ten times as much from your mistakes. That鈥檚 what you gotta figure out. Will painting be worth your time to learn?

Registered
Discussion Starter #52
You were blessed with a gift and knowledge working on cars
Its a curse sometimes. Ive got guys who only call or come by when something is wrong with their ride. They call themselves friends but amazing they only come by when craps broke. I can count true friends on one hand and still have fingers left over. Most people i know are associates unfortunately.

Registered
Discussion Starter #53
I have painted. Made many mistakes. Just takes me longer then turning the wrench. Wrenching i get plenty of practice and the skill is always used. Painting not so much. Maybe once every 2 years. No practice so the skill gets rusty. I weld more then i paint. Blending is whats the hardest for me.

Registered
Its a curse sometimes. Ive got guys who only call or come by when something is wrong with their ride. They call themselves friends but amazing they only come by when craps broke. I can count true friends on one hand and still have fingers left over. Most people i know are associates unfortunately.
That sounds a lot like human nature. People are busy people have a lot going on people only focus on what is good for them people have a lot of things they need to work out. You youself said you are friends with the auction guys but do you invite them over for dinner or grab a drink with them or do you just know them and use them for what they can give you?

Registered
Discussion Starter #55
No actually we go play pool, car shows. I go to his house, he comes here. We were friends before he got the job. Ive known him for years.

Registered
Well dang, my point is moot. In my opinion you can鈥檛 change people but you can change how you react to them. I got so mad when people told me I was wasting my time and didn鈥檛 have the right tools and it was a wasn鈥檛 worth it I stopped posting my progress for awhile. But realized there were a lot of people that liked what I do. Best of luck on the rest of the build. Keep us thoroughly posted!!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #57
I posted early in your thread, 2nd page. Seen how the haters were telling you it wasnt worth it. Never understand why people cant offer praise instead of neg comments.

Registered
They鈥檙e just buyer guys, you don鈥檛 want to associate with them anyways.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts