Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. So I’ve been back and fourth too many times to count on what I want for my build. I think I’ve finally got somwhat of a plan. So id like to hear what you guys think. Anything you’d change recommend. My goal is to keep up with 392s. So my idea was jay Greene stage 1.5 hl cam with the valve train. 392 intake manifold ported. 87mm true mastman throttlw body. Stall converter 3000 or 3500. Can’t decide I’ve just barely started researching them ,or if I should get an entirely different one. I’ve hear our intakes flow well so I’m nkt sure if I’ll change that. If anyone has suggestions I’d love to see. Headers. I’d really like to do long tubes but I’m not sure if I can pass them. My guy said he’ll the visual if it has cats but I’m not sure if I could get rid of the CEL. So if I can’t get those then shorties or SRT manifolds . And finally heads. I don’t want to spend 3k on one set. Should I port my own or buy after market. Thanks for your input

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
875 Posts
Hello everyone. So I’ve been back and fourth too many times to count on what I want for my build. I think I’ve finally got somwhat of a plan. So id like to hear what you guys think. Anything you’d change recommend. My goal is to keep up with 392s. So my idea was jay Greene stage 1.5 hl cam with the valve train. 392 intake manifold ported. 87mm true mastman throttlw body. Stall converter 3000 or 3500. Can’t decide I’ve just barely started researching them ,or if I should get an entirely different one. I’ve hear our intakes flow well so I’m nkt sure if I’ll change that. If anyone has suggestions I’d love to see. Headers. I’d really like to do long tubes but I’m not sure if I can pass them. My guy said he’ll the visual if it has cats but I’m not sure if I could get rid of the CEL. So if I can’t get those then shorties or SRT manifolds . And finally heads. I don’t want to spend 3k on one set. Should I port my own or buy after market. Thanks for your input
It would be cheaper to just get a supercharger, and you'd be faster in the end.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be cheaper to just get a supercharger, and you'd be faster in the end.
The reason why I dknt get a supercharger is because it’s pushing the motor. It’s 10 grand to install the one I want with everything. I do like the magnuson but when I forge the motor I’ll be stuck at 12 psi. The supercharger I want is the Kenne bell. Polished. If magnuson has a polished one I’d probably get that. So I was thinking cam and fBO Afro a loooooong time till I can forge and get the Kenne bell

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
875 Posts
The reason why I dknt get a supercharger is because it’s pushing the motor. It’s 10 grand to install the one I want with everything. I do like the magnuson but when I forge the motor I’ll be stuck at 12 psi. The supercharger I want is the Kenne bell. Polished. If magnuson has a polished one I’d probably get that. So I was thinking cam and fBO Afro a loooooong time till I can forge and get the Kenne bell
They did offer polished but discontinued cuz of low sales, you could maybe try to find a left over one. I paid $5300 for parts on my Magnuson. Of course do what u want but imo if you're already planning on a built motor and supercharger in the future, you'll be disappointed with a mild cam n/a set up. I've already tried it, FBO and 392 cam but I wish I did the blower first. Btw 5.7 is very reliable at 8psi on stock internals, I'm running 7.5psi with a cam and FBO with more room to grow on stock block. And I should say the maggie is good up to about 750-800whp it seems, if that's not enough you may be better off with turbos anyway. It's all about bang for your buck and of course personal preference

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm
They did offer polished but discontinued cuz of low sales, you could maybe try to find a left over one. I paid $5300 for parts on my Magnuson. Of course do what u want but imo if you're already planning on a built motor and supercharger in the future, you'll be disappointed with a mild cam n/a set up. I've already tried it, FBO and 392 cam but I wish I did the blower first. Btw 5.7 is very reliable at 8psi on stock internals, I'm running 7.5psi with a cam and FBO with more room to grow on stock block. And I should say the maggie is good up to about 750-800whp it seems, if that's not enough you may be better off with turbos anyway. It's all about bang for your buck and of course personal preference
hmmmmm possibly you’re right. I’ve just heard horror stories on 5.7s with boost. Plus the cost . I could get most of the bolt one done myself and the cam I’ve get setup for 4 grand including install. I also have 90k miles in my car. By the time I’ get the supercharger I’d be at 100k maybe 95k so that worries me as well. Where do u get ur Maggie

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
875 Posts
Hmmmm

hmmmmm possibly you’re right. I’ve just heard horror stories on 5.7s with boost. Plus the cost . I could get most of the bolt one done myself and the cam I’ve get setup for 4 grand including install. I also have 90k miles in my car. By the time I’ get the supercharger I’d be at 100k maybe 95k so that worries me as well. Where do u get ur Maggie
Yea I'm at 80k miles. Supercharger install was easier than the headers and obviously the cam. Did all labor myself, just a thought tho you'll flip flop for a while before u decide

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn’t do the charger tho. I’d have to pay for that install. Which is way the other one was set at 10 k. Maybe I could find my own way to polish a Maggie. 750 whp is where I’m looking to be I was just going to start with a cam heads combo

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
875 Posts
I couldn’t do the charger tho. I’d have to pay for that install. Which is way the other one was set at 10 k. Maybe I could find my own way to polish a Maggie. 750 whp is where I’m looking to be I was just going to start with a cam heads combo
Stock heads flow enough for 750 all day long

1 - 8 of 8 Posts