Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 r/t used last spring and it's time to give it a good cleaning/waxing. I called Zaino to order a few items and one of their reps suggested I contact the manufacturer of the bra because "sometimes" waxes or cleaners can adversly affect the bra. Don't have contact info for the seller anymore so that's not an option.

The sales rep's comment gave me pause. Any of you with a bra on the car have any problems or take any precautions? Appreciate any thoughts.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Use Plexus on the clear bra. It will clean and condition the film. If you get some dirt or wax buildup around the edges of the film, clean with Plexus. I've used only Plexus on my 2006 Charger since new and the clear film still looks great.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Jon. Just ordered some.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i have used Meguiar's Gold Class CARNAUBA PLUS...worked awesome of course i had my car done and sealed in with this liquid polish for jet wing's..no dulling. invisibra has been on my car for alittle over 1 year...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Many products are safe.

Synthetic waxes like our FX SynWax is great for use on vehicles with vinyl or bras as it doesn't chalk, has no abrasives that may damage the finish, and give a great look.

We use FX SynWax on both our GT3 RS and ZR1 that have clear bras.

But most anything you can use on paint you can use on a clear bra. Avoid solvents and ammonia-based glass cleaners. Avoid abrasives as some bra material doesn't polish well -- test in an inconspicuous area first.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am an installer and have recommended Zaino on film for years. It's all you really need. Waxes are typically not good on clear bras as most will turn yellow over time causing the film to yellow.

·
Registered
474 Posts
If you have xpel clear bra then they offer a protectant / sealer / shine juice for their material. But, as noted, a non-abrasive clear coat wax, glaze, sealant, and the like should be just fine.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have a clear cover the runs from the bottom of the windshield down on my RV... Would I add it to my car? No. Why? Very expensive to repair and 90% of the time if you have to remove it, it will lift paint. Ask me how I know. But, that being said Plexus is my #1 choice, 303 Protectant or Protect All are my # 2 choices.

If your looking for a very good cleaner you might want to look at VOOM... It come in a concentrate and I use it in a 5:1 ratio. Great for cleaning bugs off the front.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hemi57, the reason why your film lifts paint is because the RV builders apply the film immediately after the paint job. You have to let paint cure before applying film. Any car will be fine once it reaches the lot... so no worries there. Unfortunately with RVs they drive them out as soon as they are built.... not allowing the paint to cure. With an RV you have to apply film before driving it because its alike a big wall driving down the road and will get chipped badly before reaching the dealership.

Film has been used on cars for nearly 20 years now. If it removed the paint then paint protection film would have gone out not long after it started. Why protect the paint only to have it peel off when the film is damaged??? Also replacing paint protection film is much cheaper than a paint job. I have been doing this for 8 years and have seen first hand how film will save the paint. I also know what it costs for me to replace film and what paint jobs can cost... so no one should believe a re-spray is the better option. By the way in 8 years of installing and removing film I can tell you I have never seen the paint lift. But I also do not work on RVs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts