Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before getting On the expressway My ABS Light Came On All Of A Sudden
On And Off.So I pull Over To See What It Could Be Then It Goes Away.
I'm getting off the expressway and come to the stop Light It Shuts Off On Me.
1st The Radio Goes Dead Then All The Warning Lights Popped on And It Just Shuts Off No Power.
I've Noticed A Whinning Noise Before All This Happened.Could It Be My Alternator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had the exact thing happen to me with my 2011 charger se. Dealer couldn't duplicate. Eventually traded it in because of it. Almost turned me off of mopar for good.

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you are under warranty take the car to the dealer. If not you can take the car to Advanced Auto or Pep Boys and have them check the Alternator/battery.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's Under Warranty But I Will Have To Get It Towed Again
Monday Morning To The Dealership.Still No Power!!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
last time something like this happened was the battery acid was low and the plates were shorting out on turns / stopping.....

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The crazy thing about it is that I Purchased my car from a Chevy dealership
Plus I have the extended Warranty Though Them.So Im Pretty Sure That
They Are Going To Send It Off To The Dodge Dealership Down The Street
And Hopefully Fix The Problem.

·
Premium Member
4,124 Posts
The crazy thing about it is that I Purchased my car from a Chevy dealership
Plus I have the extended Warranty Though Them.So Im Pretty Sure That
They Are Going To Send It Off To The Dodge Dealership Down The Street
And Hopefully Fix The Problem.
Here's a tip I learned from a mechanic: NEVER buy a used car from a competing brand lot: why?

Say you own Ford Mustang, and it's giving you grief. Are you going to trade it in on another Ford product? No, you'd take that Found On Road Dead to a Dodge or GM dealer and trade it in. And of course you are not going to tell the dealer about the problems that POS has, right? :notsigned: Let the next owner live with the grief.

·
Super Moderator
16,317 Posts
Before getting On the expressway My ABS Light Came On All Of A Sudden
On And Off.So I pull Over To See What It Could Be Then It Goes Away.
I'm getting off the expressway and come to the stop Light It Shuts Off On Me.
1st The Radio Goes Dead Then All The Warning Lights Popped on And It Just Shuts Off No Power.
I've Noticed A Whinning Noise Before All This Happened.Could It Be My Alternator?
Is the whining noise coming from the engine bay (not through the speakers?)

That would indicate the alternator - diodes went out. My Chevy I used to own had the alternator blow out diodes and it would make a whine/howl noise that varied with rpm.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The noise was coming from the engine bay.Even When I Accelerate on the gas the noise got louder.Even In Idle! I Believe It's The Alternator.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they can't duplicate the problems your having. Tell the service dept. to open a "CASE" with Chrysler about it. What that does is Chrysler keeps tabs on your car and other cars that are having the same problem, Chrysler cAn then communicate with technicians on how to fix the problem with out having to duplicate the problem.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts