Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, I set up a desktop icon to track the build on my soon to be born baby Chally... 5 to 8 times a day I'd click to read the same "cannot locate this vehicle" message.

This morning only half paying attention to clicking on the icon...BAM! There it is... D1 status ready to be built on the March 22nd with an estimated at the dealer date of 4/3/11. Holly crap!!!

Ok, fleet planted firmly on the ground again. What are the chances of my car actually delivering on this date?

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Gratz on D1 status! I cannot comment on delivery date other than don't hold your breath. Best of luck to you however. Welcome to the wonderful world of compulsive impulsive status checking. LOL

Like many of you, I set up a desktop icon to track the build on my soon to be born baby Chally... 5 to 8 times a day I'd click to read the same "cannot locate this vehicle" message.

This morning only half paying attention to clicking on the icon...BAM! There it is... D1 status ready to be built on the March 22nd with an estimated at the dealer date of 4/3/11. Holly crap!!!

Ok, fleet planted firmly on the ground again. What are the chances of my car actually delivering on this date?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Yes congrats on D1 status.:bigthumb: Ahhhhhhh yes, I remember it well. Pretty much the same thing happened with my car....waiting, waiting, then BAM, there is was at D1 with scheduled delivery date. Hopefully that will be the only similarity with yours and mine because mine wasn't delivered for nearly 1 1/2 months after it was built:disgust: Still, the wait was worth it. Though it seems that they are a little better with their estimates now than they were previously.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Congrats! Dont hold any faith in the ETA date...but in the end you will be happy when it arrives!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Mine was built on the 4th and as of this moment it has been scheduled for shipping only to be canceled by the carrier and put on hold 8 seperate times. My car has had a set schedule for being loaded on a trailer to be trucked to a railcar, loaded onto the railcar, unloaded, unloaded from that railcar, put on another truck and to be delivered to the dealership. Everyday that one of those dates arrives, whatever was scheduled for that day is canceled and pushed back another day causing everything else to be pushed back another day. This has been going on since the 4th when my car was built and inspected. I currently sit at I W status which is Impatiently Waiting. Congrats on reaching D1 but as everyone else has said, I wouldnt count on being able to pick your car up on the date it's showing.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Congradulations, Keep positive, as we are all here in the same boat!

·
Registered
145 Posts

Is that car youre referring to a GWE?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'm not holding my breath anymore. My build date was correct but the original ship date has come and long gone. I have a new date for next week. I'll be surprised if it happens. The railroad is still backed up.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is that car youre referring to a GWE?
No... Redline 3 SRT 6 speed with stripe delete... Wonder if the stripe delete will save a bunch of production time. Not holding my breath, but hope to have it by the end of April 2011. Maybe an incentive will be available before then.

·
Registered
421 Posts
No... Redline 3 SRT 6 speed with stripe delete... Wonder if the stripe delete will save a bunch of production time. Not holding my breath, but hope to have it by the end of April 2011. Maybe an incentive will be available before then.
When I called the customer service number a few days ago, the woman on the phone told me that even though my car is a stripe delete, it still goes to the ground effects plant for the ground effects to be installed, that's why it's called ground effects. She also told me that she see's I ordered the Mopar appearance package, she said that get's installed at the VASC plant also. Makes no sense cause why install black gas and brake pedals on a car being built when they're only going to be removed anyway to have chrome ones installed? Why not just install them when the car is coming down the assembly line?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
When I called the customer service number a few days ago, the woman on the phone told me that even though my car is a stripe delete, it still goes to the ground effects plant for the ground effects to be installed, that's why it's called ground effects. She also told me that she see's I ordered the Mopar appearance package, she said that get's installed at the VASC plant also. Makes no sense cause why install black gas and brake pedals on a car being built when they're only going to be removed anyway to have chrome ones installed? Why not just install them when the car is coming down the assembly line?
Mine slipped also. Came out of Ground effects now sitting back in storage again (JS) had an original arrival date in Toledo of the 18th now it says the 20th. As I mentioned before dont hold any faith in the dates as Ron says they will change no doubt! I am thinking I wil watch the new 20th date come and go...I return from my deployment March 31st and I was hoping the car would be there but who knows at this point.:guiness:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts